Business Development Manager (Chemical)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant William Yang
Job Ref 1911290/001
Date posted 11 March 2023kuala-lumpur sales/account-management 2023-03-11 2023-05-10 sales Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Business Development Manager (Chemical) job has become available at a global integrated chemical firm.
About the Business Development Manager (Chemical) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for overseeing the coating (selling raw materials to coating manufacturer) sales activities to ensure that all activities and plans are executed and implemented. You will also ensure that all sales targets are being achieved in the assigned sales territory.
- Develop new and maintain existing customer accounts and actively sell and promote products within the marketplace located in the ASEAN region specifically for Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam
- Place an emphasis on developing key relationships and achieving business growth in line with company profitability requirements
- Assist with the development, planning, and implementation of the marketing strategy for the ASEAN region to support the business strategy and budget
- Manage current key accounts and develop potential customers to achieve sales targets
- Build strong customer relationships by routinely interacting face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and maintain satisfaction
- Work closely with supply chain, production, and relevant department to provide good forecasts and manage capital costs
- Be responsible for account management of assigned customers within the specified geographical region including controlling customer risk and A/R
- Manage the agents and distributors within the region
- Analyse and interpret industry intelligence to assist marketing to develop pricing and positioning of various product lines
- Interface with regional and international colleagues on market intelligence and account management and strategy issues
- Monthly reporting: provide a timely, detailed report no later than the fifth of the following month, listing project details and new activities
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
The successful Business Development Manager (Chemical) must have key experience in selling raw material chemicals to the coating industry as well as the connection with the relevant segments.
- BS/BA degree in either chemistry/science or in a business-related field
- Five years of experience in sales of speciality chemicals in the coatings market or similar industry
- Technical experience in the coatings market is a significant advantage
- Advanced computer skills - SAP, Word, Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel especially in tabulating data from Pivot tables
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, strong organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the key customers within the coatings industry is preferred
- Strong interviewing and information gathering skills with the ability to organise and interpret disparate information
- Demonstrated strong sales and business development track record and a high level of negotiation skills
This international integrated coating company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their excellent performance and success, they have won many awards. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest of standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Business Development Manager (Chemical) job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7040
Salary: MYR9,000 - MYR12,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 March 2023A leading international professional services firm that provides consultancy to expanding businesses is seeking a driven and aggressive Business Development Manager (Corporate Services). In this job, you will join the business in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 March 2023An exciting Account Manager (Fire Alarm System) job has become available at a global integrated fire alarm company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 March 2023An exciting Sales Support, Assistant Manager (FMCG) job has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG firms based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Sales System Manager, this is a role for a sales support assistant manager who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 March 2023A Sales Manager (Semiconductor) job has become available at a market leader in semiconductor solutions in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 March 2023A Sales Manager (Electrical - LV) job has become available at an electrical company in Malaysia.