Technical Sales Manager - Coating & Construction
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant William Yang
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-08-13 sales Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Technical Sales Manager - Coating & Construction job has just become available at a leading chemical company based in Klang Valley. Reporting directly to the Business Director, this is a role for an experienced sales professional seeking challenges in a dynamic environment.
About the Technical Sales Manager - Coating & Construction Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire sales team to ensure that all activities and territory plans are executed and implemented. You will also ensure that all sales targets are being achieved in the assigned sales territory.
- Develop and implement mid and long-term R&P Business Development (BD) plan in Malaysia and Singapore for achieving a sustainable profitable business growth in safe and ethical manner
- Drive the creation of projects pipelines based on “pull” (providing solution to customer needs) and “push” (based on market & product/application knowledge/trend) approaches
- Work closely with sales team to implement and monitor BD projects for the realisation/commercialisation.
- Develop market intelligence for specific industry segment, in terms of market needs, potential size, value proposition, competition, major products, key suppliers, technical trend, etc.; and identification of new markets or new business opportunities
- Conduct market scouting
- Manage key suppliers and key customers for BD purposes
- Lab management is needed for BD and trouble-shooting purposes
To succeed in this role, you will need to have extensive knowledge in selling raw materials to the coating and construction manufacturers
- At least five to eight years in the related industries with strong influencing skills and commercial sense
- Educated to a degree level in a technical and / or commercial discipline with a good level of experience in a Business Development, Sales and/or Marketing function
- Sound technical knowledge to identify commercial opportunities for the business
- Ability to work autonomously and a passion for new business development with a good level of account management skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to develop mid and long-term strategies and strategy execution capabilities
- Strong leadership and management skills to be able to provide direction, set priorities and objectives to drive project creation, project management, commercialisation
This established medical devices company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also focused on training and developing their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Technical Sales Manager job.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C