Key Account Manager
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant William Yang
Date posted 16 January 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A new Key Account Manager role has been created at one of the largest LPG companies in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager, this position is for enthusiastic sales and marketing candidates who would like to further their careers.
About the Key Account Manager Role:
In this business, you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy in the LPG business, delivering the highest quality service alongside for other country marketing directors. You will also take the lead in providing direction to all sales & marketing activities, including brand management, market research and director/league submissions.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan for resellers/distributors in support of business objectives
- Manage sales activities for assigned product lines throughout Peninsular Malaysia through resellers/distributors
- To implement and monitor distributors/channel development with the objective of increasing the robustness of the overall distributors networking and achieving volume, market share and financial targets, enabling business to increase its competitive sustainability
- To analyse and establish the profitable business segments and potential geographical areas to determine the preferred market segments and channel of trade; and to co-ordinate action plans with respective distributors to focus on these target segments and areas
- Work closely with other sales colleagues or departments to oversee the sales function, position products and services to achieve maximum sales potential, and identify and improve logistics efficiency
- Responsible for negotiating and implementing agreements by attending to requests, inquires and complaints to ensure maximum goodwill from all transactions
- Analyse market statistics to develop sales campaigns with the marketing team and create sales quotas
To succeed in the Key Account Manager job, you will need to have the experience in selling products to the government sector.
- Recognised tertiary qualification and at least 7 years' relevant sales/commercial/industrial experience
- Good understanding of LPG business preferred
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Good command of spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Strong ability to understand, analyse and deliver financial results
- Ability to think creatively and develop new approaches
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach
- Ability to solve problems and respond appropriately to a variety of situations
- Ability to cope with a variety of challenging situations in a calm and sensitive manner
This international LPG company continues to be a market leader in their product category by being at the forefront of product innovation.
If you are a business development professional with experience in creating new accounts for the chemical industry, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your career in an environment with high international manufacturing standards.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125