Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Relwin Singh
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-15 2019-07-14 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Shah Alam MY MYR 4000 4750 4750 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
One of the oldest publishing houses in the world, this company has been publishing books to further people's education for many years. This company’s diverse publishing programme includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, school and higher education textbooks and ancillary materials, children's books, English Language Teaching (ELT) books and materials, dictionaries and reference works, trade and music publishing, journals, and electronic publishing. They are currently looking for a demand planner to further smoothen operations in Shah Alam.
Demand Planner (Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain)
- Responsible for the effective stock planning. Develop and manage a 12 month unit forecast and drive the entire forecast process to ensure that the optimum stocking level are maintained based on actual market demand and sales forecast. Lead monthly forecast review meetings with Sales. Ensure all SOP are in place and properly documented and ensure staff comply with the procedure detailed in all SOP.
- Liaise within internal department and OUP branches on outstanding POs and ensure timely delivery within the agreed supply lead time. Assist the management to develop effective strategies to manage stock planning and slow moving stocks and to ensure process can be implemented smoothly within the business. Develop and implement an effective escalation process to address potential stocking problems. Develop models to monitor stock levels closely and generate timely and up-to-date stocking level reports.
- As a Demand planner, responsible to plan and coordinate daily planning activities
- To review and improve monthly stock holding and reduce back order lines
- To ensure no stock out position for all titles
- Ensure reprint and reorder done timely
- Pre-reprint meeting for Local School and HE title, propose reprint quantity against forecasted quantity and reprint date
- To follow up & updates branches for ex-stock OTO supply lead time should not exceed agreed delivery timeline
- Update PO tracking and ETA anytime base on Notification detail given by vendor
- Send report to CS for titles not fulfilled (OP,OS,OF etc.) & monitor every 3 days until complete
- Monthly S&OP deck (forecast accuracy, bias, stock inventory, first fill rate, sales data)
- Any other relevant demand planning, inventory control, costing and customer/market analysis report.
- Experienced in the logistics industry
- Hands on working experience in SAP Inventory Management
- Competent in Cost Analysis and Forecasting
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity to take your career forward and work with a well-established company.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Relwin Jay Singh on +603 2380 8770 or email to Relwin.email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1440130
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C