Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Relwin Singh
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-15 2019-07-14 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Shah Alam MY MYR 8000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
One of the oldest publishing houses in the world, this company has been publishing books to further people's education for many years. This company’s diverse publishing programme includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, school and higher education textbooks and ancillary materials, children's books, English Language Teaching (ELT) books and materials, dictionaries and reference works, trade and music publishing, journals, and electronic publishing. They are currently looking for a warehouse manager to facilitate as well as refine their core operations in Shah Alam.
Warehouse Manager (Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain)
Reporting to the Head of Operations and working in hand with the GM of Commercial, you are required to facilitate warehouse operations in terms of inventory management, import and export processes, as well as looking into cost effective measures.
- Strategically managing warehouse in compliance with Company’s Policies (e.g. Procurement, Business Partner Engagement, etc.) and Vision
- Manage receiving, warehousing, distribution, maintenance operations and annual overheads budget
- Setting up layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security for the Company (HSSE)
- Manage stock control and reconcile with system record (SAP)
- Produce regular reports highlighting productivity target achievement
- Plan and manage resources in the cost efficient and effective way to support business fulfilling customer’s order
- To be able to manage the following;
- Internal: Customer Service, Sales, Production, Inventory and SMT
- External: SEA - Freight Forwarder, Transporter, Supplier and Customers
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management system (SAP)
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration or any equivalent discipline
- Head of Operations -> General Manager Commercial -> Managing Director
- Reginal Operations and Change Management Director
If you have a successful track record in leading, a people’s man and improvement initiatives, this is an excellent opportunity to take your career forward and work with a well-established company.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Relwin Jay Singh on +603 2380 8770 or email to Relwin.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1438630
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C