Senior Manager, Warehouse and Logistics
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant WenJun Ngai
Job Ref I6WE9S-CEA81FBB
Date posted 26 May 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/warehousing-distribution 2023-05-26 2023-07-25 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Senior Manager, Warehouse and Logistics job has been made available by a manufacturing, supply and distribution, and retail store chain here in Malaysia.
About the Senior Manager, Warehouse and Logistics Role:
Functionally and administratively reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this role requires you to oversee daily operations, strategies for capacity planning, establish and enforce standard operating procedures (SOPs), and cultivate a skilled team to facilitate seamless operations.
- Develop and nurture a productive warehouse team through effective recruitment, training, and professional growth.
- Coordinate and oversee the accurate and timely handling of inbound and outbound shipments, maintaining meticulous attention to both product and documentation
- Optimise warehouse space utilisation while upholding cleanliness and organisation standards
- Conduct daily inventory cycle counts to ensure precision and reliability
- Prioritise the safety and security of the warehouse, promptly addressing incidents and reporting concerns to management
- Place a strong emphasis on customer service and provide valuable support to retail operations
- Foster regular and constructive communication through associate meetings
- Uphold rigorous health, safety, hygiene, and security standards within the work environment, including proper handling and storage of chemicals and perishable items.
- Prepare comprehensive weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- Fulfil any additional assigned responsibilities that may arise.
To succeed in the Senior Manager, Warehouse and Logistics role, you will need to have a minimum of five years of extensive experience in warehouse operations, encompassing shipping, receiving, delivery, and inventory management.
- Proficiency in handling Food/Beverage products with a wide range of SKUs and expertise in managing expiration dates and shelf-life
- Well versed in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and proficient in working with databases
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement initiatives and build a highly capable workforce
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing and driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for warehouse and logistics operations
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to lead and motivate a team effectively
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Display sound judgement, effective decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competency in computer programs, including MS Office
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
This company needs someone who is very hands-on and driven to expand the company business. It is a very team-based environment for the work culture within the company. The firm is also very focused on growing employees internally.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Manager, Warehouse and Logistics role.
Apply now by emailing me at Wenjun.firstname.lastname@example.org/calling me at 03 2303 7048 to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7048
Salary: Good PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023An established FMCG company is recruiting for a Head of Supply Chain (MY and SG) job to lead supply chain activities which includes demand planning, supply planning, customer service, inventory management, logistics, distribution and procurement.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading FMCG company is recruiting for a Regional S&OP Manager job to coordinate the implementation and incorporation of best practices of the S&OP model. This includes the data consolidation, improvement plan monitoring with a focus on volume demand.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A large building materials and construction company is recruiting for a Senior Group Purchasing Manager job to provide strategic direction for the purchasing function at group level.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A world leading chemical company is looking for a Sourcing Manager (IT, Corporate and Professional Services) job to develop and implement sourcing strategies, execute biddings and negotiate contracts.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 24 May 2023A global industrial products organisation is looking for a Category Manager - IT (Asia) job to lead the sourcing, contracting and category management initiatives.