Trade and Customs Management - Specialist
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1911200/001
Date posted 06 March 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/outsourcing 2023-03-06 2023-05-05 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Kuala lumpur MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An world renowned chemical manufacturing company is recruiting for a Trade and Customs Management - Specialist job to support all local customs solutions and operations and be the main liaison between the company’s regional order management team and local customs authorities.
About the Trade and Customs Management - Specialist Role:
In this position, you will support the management of customs compliance and custom queries on import/export activities of the company and communicating any solutions between the regional order management team and local government bodies.
- Further develop and implement customs process, protocols and requirements to ensure the compliance and the company’s ability to continue operations
- Work closely with customs authorities in ensuring that all exemptions required by the company have been applied and approved as well as to manage disputes resolution
- Optimise and monitor customs duty payments, ensuring the right mode of payments and exemptions are applied
- Collaborate closely with the Customs Classification team to ensure that the right justification of HS Code classification is applied and communicated to Customs authorities to avoid disputes
- Maintain a close working relationship with customs authorities and be updated with the new procedures or requirements
- Regularly review all existing procedures and processes to ensure its relevance and compliance to Customs Malaysia requirements and be proactive in designing and implementing new processes introduced by authorities
To succeed in the Trade and Customs Management - Specialist role, you will need to have experience in Global Trade compliance and Customs Management to be able to analyse the company’s trade requirements and manage disputes with authorities.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field of study
- More than seven years of working experience in customs import/export/trade compliance experience
- Proven track record in Trade compliance adherence and cross border transactions
- Strong analytical skills, influential, operations process driven and focused on accuracy
- Ability to resolve conflicts, strong sense of urgency, proactive and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Hands on experience and expertise for custom topics with related to preferential management, LMW, Custom procedures and formalities, MITI, Free Zone and bonded warehouse, duty/tax topics to ensure compliances, business continuity and duty optimisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with other functional heads
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This company is renowned globally for producing high quality products. They are market leaders for their product category and are poised to reaffirm their strong branding.
If you are a professional who is seeking a challenging role to take your career to the next level, this Trade and Customs Management - Specialist role is the opportunity for you. You will be part of a progressive team that is poised to breaking new ground in the industry.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com/call me at 03 2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7067
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 March 2023A leading FMCG company is recruiting for a Supply Planning Manager job to coordinate activities and analyse data to ensure timely and sufficient supply of finished goods to meet demand requirements.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 February 2023A Customer Engagement Associate job has become available at a recognised multinational company.