Supply Chain Director (Penang)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Aaron Low
Job Ref 005XIF-9E341C41
Date posted 25 May 2023penang procurement-supply-chain/supply-chain 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 manufacturing-and-production Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Supply Chain Director (Penang) job opportunity has come up with an electronics manufacturing and production company in Penang due to succession planning.
About the Supply Chain Director (Penang) Role:
In this business critical role, you are responsible for overall supply chain management of the Penang site; including Purchasing, Contracts, Warehouse and Logistics functions.
- Establish and maintain purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical with vendors. Keep informed on legal matters that affect purchasing policies
- Lead and support Business Units in communicating directly with our customers on all supply chain matters with the aim to deliver customer satisfaction while achieving Company’s goals, optimisation of materials margin and inventory turns
- Maintain optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements minimising carrying costs and premium transportation charges and maximising inventory turnover
- Establish key programmes or projects that target specific improvement opportunities to reduce costs lead times, resolve quality issues, or increase supply dependability and flexibility
- Provide customer support to sales group by representing materials in sales presentations and periodic customer meetings and interactions, including but not limited to potential customer visits, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Plan (S&OP), monitoring progress, optimise supply and capacity flexibility, and resolve issues
To succeed in this role, you must have solid foundation in purchasing, especially in the electronics OEM/EMS industry.
- More than 12 years of Purchasing and Supply Chain experience with at least five years in a leadership role
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools (MAPICS, Baan, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills including ability to effectively coach and employees at all levels
- Demonstrated effective customer interface skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and influence individuals, internally and across all levels, functions and geographies.
- Use of discretion with the ability to gain trust of business leaders and others to discuss and respond to sensitive and business critical issues
This firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding as it is a new start up but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Much more than just another company, they put people first with a commitment to exceptional service, quality products, and convenient design tools progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Supply Chain Director (Penang) position.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Aaron on +603 2303 7070 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 005XIF.
Get in touch
+603 2303 7070