Head of Supply Chain
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1858180/001
Date posted 17 October 2022penang procurement-supply-chain/supply-chain 2022-10-25 2022-12-16 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Simpang Ampat Simpang Ampat MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Supply Chain job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang, Malaysia. This company is a PCB and IC Substrate Manufacturer from the US with plans to set up a new plant in Malaysia.
About the Head of Supply Chain Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, this company is looking for a competent Head of Supply Chain to lead the greenfield project in Malaysia in term of setup the new supply chain process in the plant.
- Be accountable for the sourcing/procurement and shipping teams; to create values and evolve the 3S (Security of Supply, Service and Quality, Savings/Cash) to meet business needs
- Implement Consignment/Vendor Managed/JIT agreements with preferred suppliers
- Collaborate with category team to develop consignment/VMI agreements where advantageous
- Implement Global Category Management strategic cost objectives with Class A or Preferred Suppliers
- Collaborate with Site Procurement Team to lead negotiations with Class B or Regional suppliers, with a focus on cost, quality, service, and ROIC
- Collaborate with Global Category Management and drive additional cost reduction targets through regular negotiation and alternative material evaluation
- Implement Global Category Management strategic objectives with Class A or Preferred Suppliers, with a focus on service (on time delivery), quality, and technical support
- Work closely with corresponding internal stakeholders in development of, and understanding of, sales forecast; sourcing requirements and production demand to ensure minimum production disruption
- Drive consolidation of supply chain with focus on economies of scale as grows and expands, and improves leverage with localised supply base
- Be accountable for local shipping and warehousing resources to meet the plant operations and outbound shipment requirements
To succeed in the Head of Supply Chain role, you must have experience in full pledge supply chain management. Experience in greenfield or brownfield is an advantage for this position.
- Minimum of 12 years of strategic sourcing and supply chain management experience in multinational electronic manufacturing companies; prior working experience in PCB industry is preferred
- Proficient in supplier relationship management, supplier development, and supplier risk management
- Adept in total cost management, cost modelling and should-cost analysis
- Collaborative mindset with effective people management and organisational skills
- Effective communication skills, team facilitation and influencing skills in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated strong leadership principles and competencies
- Proficient in business and data analysis skills and familiarity with ERP tools like Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in supply chain management and logistics is preferred
- Supply chain certifications is preferred
- Command of both spoken and written English and able to communicate in Chinese an advantage, as the candidate is required to work with Chinese-speaking stakeholders
This multinational manufacturing firm is well recognised in the industry and is a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. There are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company and offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Head of Supply Chain role is right for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email your resume to Teck Yaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 03 November 2022One of the top global logistics companies is seeking a high-calibre General Manager, Operations (Kulim). In this job, you will manage one of their key sites in Kulim, Kedah.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Regional Category Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This company is a German-based manufacturer focused on both frontend and backend semiconductor production in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Senior Category Manager job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang, Malaysia. This company is a PCB and IC substrate manufacturer where they are going to set up a new plant in Malaysia.