Head of Supply Chain (Asia)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 1828370/001
Date posted 26 July 2022shah-alam procurement-supply-chain/supply-chain 2022-07-28 2022-09-24 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global FMCG company is looking for Head of Supply Chain (Asia) to lead supply chain activities which includes demand planning, supply planning, inventory management, logistics and procurement.
About the Head of Supply Chain (Asia) Role:
In this position, you will develop, lead and improve the Strategic Deployment and Operations Planning (S&OP) to reach consensus with the Sales, Marketing and Finance teams on a Single Operating Plan. In addition to this, you shall also lead the end-to-end supply chain aspects including management of the contract manufacturer in terms of Quality Management, Cost and Efficiency.
- Establish and facilitate S&OP process, play a key role in ensuring the commitment of delivery plans and provide visibility on risks and opportunities towards these plans in collaboration with Leadership team
- Lead planning and forecasting activities that represents the prognosis of future shipments to customers based on historical trends, planned activities and events
- Monitor slow moving, obsolete and aging stocks and propose improvement actions
- Manage product shipment flow which includes inventory management, transportation and warehousing
- Develop appropriate performance targets to manage supply chain costs, optimise inventory holding and monitor service level standards
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance and regional Planning teams to create a plan to maximise business performance
- Oversee contract manufacturers and to assess contracts with suppliers of goods and services to meet desired service levels at optimum cost
- Develop and implement a procurement action plan for a sustainable competitive advantage from the perspective of cost, safety, security of supply and innovation
- Lead quality and packaging innovation initiatives
- Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protection of company assets and compliance with corporate and regulatory policies
To succeed in the Head of Supply Chain (Asia) role, you will need to have solid experience in strategising, planning activities and able to effectively analyse performance indicators to improve supply chain performance.
- Degree qualification in Supply Chain/Logistics or related field of study
- Over 15 years of working experience across various supply chain facets (demand planning, supply planning & logistics) within FMCG industries
- Possess strong analytical skills, entrepreneurial mindset, influential and process driven
- Able to resolve conflicts, proactive, possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business and has a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong agility, sound stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with other functional heads
- Knowledge of ERP system is highly regarded
- Willingness to take on a sole contributor position
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This company is renowned globally for producing high quality consumer products. They are market leaders for their product category and are poised to reaffirm their strong branding through continuous product innovation.
If you are a Supply Chain Manager who is seeking a role to establish new processes in supply chain, this is the opportunity for you. You will be part of a progressive team that is poised to breaking new grounds in the industry.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C