Global Accounts Supply Chain Manager
Salary MYR260,000 - MYR390,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1795630/001
Date posted 13 June 2022penang procurement-supply-chain/supply-chain 2022-06-16 2022-08-12 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Penang Penang MY MYR 260000 390000 390000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Global Accounts Supply Chain Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Head of Product Line Supply Chain Management, this is a role for a supply chain manager who are experienced in programme management and managing customers.
About the Global Accounts Supply Chain Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Global Accounts Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for assessing and translating the customer supply chain needs for driving the joint value collaboration with the customer and being in charge of the account management from a supply chain perspective.
- Successfully deliver results to the global key account customer on driving service (e.g. OTD, lead time, capacity, etc.), cost and financial improvements and commercialising supply chain improvements
- Work closely with internal operations and global supply chain teams (replenishment and eliminating out-of-stocks, demand planning, supply planning, logistics, etc.), internal business unit product management and external customer teams in operations and planning functions
- Communicate customer inventory needs and requirements to supply chain partners
- Facilitate inventory planning and deployment
- Actively manage customer in-stock and on-shelf-availability of inventory
- Discuss and resolve product and component shortages with customer
- Work on global NPI launch requirements (quantity and timing)
- Coordinate 'same on-shelf date' global NPI launches with customer and internally
- Generate/collate all necessary reports required by the customer
- Work with customer and internal teams on continuous process improvement
- Participate in all necessary internal and external daily and weekly meetings
- Coordinate regular capacity assessments along the value chain to ensure fulfilment of mid- to long-term customer demand plans
- Organise and/or participate in internal/external ad hoc customer meetings
- Form value-added partnerships with internal stakeholders including sales, product management, finance, operations, etc.
The successful candidate needs to be a high-energy individual who takes the lead in satisfying an international demanding customer. You are comfortable working and communicating in a global, ambiguous and cyclical demand environment where a customised and leading technology product portfolio with long life cycles needs to be managed to fulfil short to long-term customer demands.
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations management, supply chain management, engineering or similar discipline
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in supply chain management in global organisations preferably in the semiconductor industry or related industries
- Proven planning, analytical, presentation, and execution skills
- Proven experience operating in a global and international company environment
- Strong ability to communicate within an international and intercultural environment, cross functionally as well as across hierarchies
- Proficient in Excel, Google Suite and Tableau skills; ERP experience (Oracle or SAP, MS Dynamics)
- Customer, market, channel knowledge and experience is preferred
- Demonstrated decision-making abilities in the face of uncertain or incomplete information
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work while keeping outstanding attention to detail
- Analytical skills including data evaluation, identification, solution development and implementation
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, with a positive proactive attitude and a high degree of initiative
- Social perceptiveness and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Influencing and collaborative skills across various levels in the organisation
- End-to-end understanding of how a semiconductor business works and be able to communicate using operations and supply chain terminology around factory, supply chain and sales operations
- Knowledge of and familiarisation with Horizontal MRP Report is needed both at a component and finished goods level as the position involves being able to walk the customer through demand and supply plans
- Excellent service mindset and good communications skills and judgement
- Willingness to travel (20%)
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Global Accounts Supply Chain Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Teck Yaw Chuah on +604-240 2133 or email to email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 15 June 2022One of the leading players in the world of logistics distribution and supply chain is seeking a meticulous General Manager of Lead Logistics Provider. In this job, you will lead and oversee five countries’ overall transportation operations and management for one of the key accounts in Penang.