Head of Supply Chain (FMCG, Johor)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Aaron Low
Job Ref 1809100/001
Date posted 27 May 2022johor-bahru procurement-supply-chain/supply-chain 2022-05-27 2022-07-26 fmcg Johor Bahru MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Supply Chain (FMCG, Johor) job has just become available at one of the most established FMCG manufacturing companies based in Johor.
About the Head of Supply Chain (FMCG, Johor) Role:
Reporting directly to General Manager, you will lead the development and implementation of the supply chain strategy in the business unit, aligned to the business objectives and responsible for overall performance of supply chain functions (including planning, procurement, logistics, warehousing, and customer services) within the business unit.
- Understand the procurement requirements (except for capital purchases) and lead the strategic sourcing team in vendor development strategy
- Explore opportunities for alternate sourcing avenues for cost reduction and risk mitigation. Ensure costs of raw materials and packaging materials are optimised through effective negotiations
- Guide the supply chain team in framing inventory policy for both raw material and packaging material
- Oversee management of optimum inventory and undertake initiatives to reduce inventory carrying cost (finished goods and work-in-progress) and distribution costs
- Ensure supply and logistics policies and processes are compliant with regulatory frameworks on distribution of goods and services
- Ensure reliable procurement of supplies, improved service and quality, and reduced costs and supplier lead times as well as strengthening of supplier relationships.
To succeed in this Head of Supply Chain role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business partners, across borders and internal matrix.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven track record in supply chain management with at least five years in FMCG organisations
- Excellent persuader, facilitator and negotiator, and outstanding presenter, with high communication, interpersonal skills
- Excellent agility with strong ability to manage complexities, with valued prioritisation prerogative
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking - strong financial and analytic skills
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with an existing right to employment in Malaysia
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate motto of helping people thrive by applying right mindsets and culture, the company is focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, independent and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression awaits the right person in this exciting Head of Supply Chain (FMCG, Johor) job.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C