Supply Chain Manager
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant Alvin Wong
Date posted 17 October 2016
A world-leading American conglomerate is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager in Petaling Jaya to join their team. In this Supply Chain Manager job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the Supply Chain Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Supply Chain Manager will play a key role in the development and implementation of the overall operations, including logistics, warehouse & distribution, demand, and procurement operations.
- Drive operational excellence for transactions that involve end-to-end supply chain processes, including but not limited to new supplier approval, vendor master maintenance, PO execution, receiving and distribution of goods and services.
- Develop, implement and maintain supply chain management system, oversee the overall operations, including demand, acquisition, logistics, warehouse & distribution, disposal and risk management
- Participates in strategic customer projects to manage all 3rd party sourcing, procurement, logistics and applying best practices to attain greater saving, compliance and efficiency.
- Effectively manage demand management process through needs assessment and inventory planning to optimize holding cost and inventory redundancies, implements continuous improvement and cost reduction culture.
To succeed in the Supply Chain Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in managing forwarders and 3PL party logistics / distribution service
- Able to plan and execute sourcing, procurement, inventory control, logistics and distribution objectives
- Effective leader with good communication skills and teambuilding
- Strong passion to deliver excellent customer service in a cost effective way
This American multinational conglomerate needs no introduction and is listed in Forbes 100 organisation to work in. The culture and nature of business is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record in supply chain management particularly in inventory management and setting KPIs, you can take your career forward with this exciting Supply Chain Manager role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125