Salary MYR12,000 - MYR15,000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant Alvin Wong
Date posted 08 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 electronics Penang MY 30000 MYR 12000 15000 15000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Commodity Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected electronic EMS manufacturers based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Director of Global Commodity, this is a role for a purchaser who is a leader in their field.
About the Commodity Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to create an efficient supply chain and reduce commodity purchase costs. You will need to recommend cost saving and process improvement proposals including make versus buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies related to commodity road maps, supply base, cost reduction and risk mitigation plans
- Understand category market price/supply movement and supplier cost structure changes
- Lead cross-functional supplier, materials, and initiate strategic sourcing initiatives
- Drive and consolidate current supply chain including a preferred supplier list to reduce cycle time and cost with improved quality and reliability
To succeed in this role, you will need to work with the management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing and product availability across all divisions.
- A degree in supply chain, business, engineering or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of six years' direct related experience and proven success in sourcing for high volume electronic components
- Experience with mechanical and electromechanical commodities is a must
- Excellent communication skills and results-oriented
- Application is open to to Malaysians and /or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia.
This electronic manufacturing and production company has an outstanding reputation in the engineering field and great value is placed on training and development. The culture is demanding but if you are determined and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are dedicated and proactive, as well as passionate about working in procurement, your application is highly encouraged. This Commodity Manager role is an opportunity for you to participate in a company that will help you grow to the next level of your career.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C