Chief Procurement Officer
Salary From RM300,000 per annum and above
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 28 June 20192019-06-28 2019-08-27 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY 50088 MYR 30000 40000 40000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A prominent bank is looking for a Chief Procurement Officer to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this role will be responsible for providing advice to key stakeholders and the entire strategic procurement spend and activities under the bank.
About the Chief Procurement Officer Role:
As the Chief Procurement Officer, you are responsible for providing leadership and high impact initiative that would bring best in class procurement practices in sourcing and contract management which is aligned with the bank’s strategic priorities and policy and governance.
- Provide strategic and tactical procurement advice to the board of directors, senior management and head of departments including procurement framework, sourcing strategies, contract management, policy and governance to ensure procurement meets the bank’s priorities
- Lead efforts in identifying category management, establish opportunity for cost-saving and cost-avoidance, providing added-value for high spend/ critical procurement requests and ensuring meeting / exceeding technical specifications for tender proposals to meet the Bank’s procurement objectives
- Set up new procurement vehicles that will provide more efficient procurement procedure to the bank, including sourcing practice, negotiation standards, use of technology and compliance with relevant legislations and policies
- Provide coaching and guidance for the professional development of staff in ensuring efficient and quality deliverables
For you to excel in this role, background in procurement within a high-tech service environment such as financial services, telco, media, etc. along with category knowledge in IT and technology commodity management will be an added advantage. It is expected for the Chief Procurement Officer to coach and build a high performing team.
- At least bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or a related area
- At least 10 years of working experience in leadership position covering procurement or relevant area
- Preferably specialising in financial services, telecommunication or equivalent
This prominent bank has an outreaching reputation with strong market positioning in its within the financial services. This encourages them to further develop its people and operation to future proof its organisation to keep up with technology savvy trend of the consumer in the market.
If you are a progressive Chief Procurement Officer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with a established financial services provider that you can relate to while being in a growing organisation that desires to be even better.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Lim Chee Ming on +603 2380 8747 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Title. Thank you.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C