Sourcing and Contract Manager
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Veekay Lim
Date posted 18 December 2018 2018-12-182019-02-16 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
As a result of continued growth of the company and expansion plans, a world-leading life insurance organisation has a job opportunity for a Sourcing and Contract Manager to join its office based in Selangor.
About the Sourcing and Contract Manager Role:
Reporting to the Head of Vendor Performance Management, you will be the key person in charge of vendors and internal contracts, contracting strategy and set-up with the goal of reducing risk and driving increased value from vendors.
- Follow the Group Technology IT Contract Management Guidelines including associated process flows for all new and existing contracts. Key responsibilities include:
- Advise on the overall contracting strategy to meet business objectives
- Lead contract negotiations with external vendors – including coordination of internal cross functional teams
- Contract reviews and drafting (with assistance from legal counsel where needed)
- Proactive management of existing contract portfolio to identify opportunities for cost reduction and additional business value;
- Contribute to vendor evaluation during the competitive bidding process – primarily relating to contractual requirements
- Commercial and contractual risk identification and management
- Contract change management
- Form strong relationships and drive adherence to process and policies with cross functional teams and Business Units in both pre-contract and post contract activities
- Manage contract renewals and terminations
- Manage and maintain the commercial and contract risk register
- Advise stakeholders on contract questions and contract interpretation
- Coordinate and participate in Governance and Review Meetings where required
- Contract/commercial dispute management and resolution
- Coordinate the implementation of new and renewal of Intra-Group master services agreements and statements of work
- Develop and advise stakeholders on best practice processes, templates and guidance documents
- Drive continuous improvement in managing both contracts and vendors
Key Performance Indicators:
- Generation of cost savings and additional value from existing contract portfolio
- Zero contracts in expired status
- Timely execution of robust contracts that reduce risks and generate value
To succeed in this Sourcing and Contract Manager role, you should have at least a decade's relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years' relevant working experience and experience in IT contract management / sourcing function
- Experience in financial services would be considered as an added advantage
- Possess strong negotiation, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written English proficiency
- Possess strong commercial focus and understanding of commercial construction, ability to understand contract and legal principles as well as the ability to manage cross functional teams
- Detail-oriented, driven, proactive and project delivery focused
This leading life insurance multinational company has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With a reputation for their market position and branding, this is a good place for you to develop the relevant and required mastery skill sets.
If you are seeking an opportunity to take your career forward, this Sourcing and Contract Manager role is the right one for you. You will be part of an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a progressive mindset.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125