Procurement Manager (Logistics)
Salary MYR5,000 - MYR8,000 per month + Attractive
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Brandon Teoh
Date posted 02 November 2018 2018-11-022019-01-01 fmcg Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
As a result of on-going and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the consumer world is recruiting a Procurement Manager (Logistics) to join their international division based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Procurement Manager (Logistics) Role:
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and having a clear understanding of the Operating Company strategy, business and processes; the Procurement Manager represents the business’ interests and supports tactical and operational procurement activities.
- Execute purchasing strategy and plans for identified category of purchase to ensure continuity of cost-effective and quality supply and suppliers
- Continuously improve the purchasing processes, policies and procedures for identified area of responsibility to meet both internal and external customer's needs
- Enforce adherence to purchasing processes, policies and procedures in order to protect company’s interests
- Ensure effective negotiations and contracting of identified category of purchase in the best interest of the company
- Participate in the company’s identified projects to ensure timely execution of the said projects at the optimum total cost of ownership
- Identify and drive cost improvement initiatives to ensure cost competitiveness of identified category of purchase
- Provide market information and other identified requirements for the purpose of reporting and analysis to aid business decision-making
- Monitor the work of Purchasing Officers to ensure identified deliverables and objectives assigned are achieved
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to work independently and possess a keen understanding in procurement of in-direct operation materials.
- At least Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Economics or Business Administration, or any technical-based degree
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Fluency in other dialects and languages is an advantage
- At least five years’ working experience in similar capacity, preferably in an FMCG environment
- Able to use ERP systems such as SAP, and Microsoft Office Excel
- Good working knowledge of contracts & familiar with legal agreements
- For the purchase of items or services which require some degree of technical knowledge, relevant technical background is an advantage
This leading FMCG firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on progression and innovation. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with a great opportunity to progress in career.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Procurement Manager (Logistics) role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125