Salary More than RM 108,000
Location Shah Alam
Consultant Gideon Yeoh
Date posted 28 September 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A global semi conductor company with an outstanding international reputation in the market is looking for a Purchasing Manager to be based in Klang Valley.
About the Purchasing Manager role:
As the Purchasing Manager, you are tasked to manage day to day purchasing activities while contributing to the overall success in achieving yearly cost saving targets.
- Make sure timely PO releases, reliable supplier commitment and “shipnet” dates (including rescheduling and revised dates) are being updated in SAP on timely manner
- Carry out negotiation for better terms and conditions Work closely with Inventory Analyst for inventory reduction and optimization
- Assist in identifying potential suppliers who are able to provide products and services at competitive pricing, good quality, on time delivery, better lead-time and also to expand Quantity Contract whenever possible for critical parts
- Ensure timely transfer of products and suppliers from Europe to Asia assist in cost evaluation, supplier selections/transfer, localization and etc
- Lead purchasing-related projects, such as cost and lead time reduction exercises, direct buying and supply chain-transfer projects
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to optimise purchasing processes, improve performance indicators and reduce costs and lead time
- Develop and monitor supplier performance and work closely to build supplier relationship and to obtain efficient services and quality product.
- Identify areas with potential for improvement, propose and execute change
- Provide monthly KPI reporting to management for review
- Ensure KPI’s target are achieve and carry out timely actions if below target level
- Provide training, guidance to subordinate for continuous improvement, ensure knowledge and skills of all purchasers are in sync and standardized
- Conduct supplier audit as when required to ensure compliances
To succeed in this Purchasing Manager role , you will need to have a strong flair and passion with numbers and have the ability to engage well with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in any fields from a recognised institution
- Six to seven years' working experience in purchasing/procurement
- Knowledge in SAP
- Ability to work independently and aggressiveness in completing given tasks
This international brand has successfully penetrated into the market globally. This company adopts the culture of embracing innovation as they believe each individual's suggestion and recommendation can help the company grow in today's rapid changing market.
A good point to add is the character development that you will experience working in this company as they are known in the market to develop industry leaders. If you are an outspoken individual with an innovative mind, your application is encouraged.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125