Procurement Manager (Banking)
Salary MYR9,000 - MYR12,000 per month + Attractive salary
Consultant Brandon Teoh
Date posted 03 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Procurement Manager (Banking) position has just become available at one of the most respected banks based in Kuala Lumpur. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
About the Procurement Manager (Banking) role:
Due to the excellent results and future expansion plans, the Procurement Manager (Banking) will play a key role in sourcing and procuring for countries in the Asia market. You will work closely with the Head of business to meet the cost savings initiatives with intended requirements.
- Lead decision making process, influence key stakeholders to drive incremental spend influence and provide specialist category advice
- Project management – identify and mitigate risk that would impact the overall project success/ failure
- Define strategy for sourcing categories as well as ensuring the projects are delivered on time and is prioritised
- Provide cost by delivering sustainable commercial advantages and be involved in contract dispute
- Provide clear line strategies for Category in cost reduction, supplier risk, demand management and category innovation
- Assist requesting departments in negotiating terms and conditions with vendors
- Participate in the Bank-wide cost management project
- Monitor the PR raised and ensure adherence to the purchasing policy
- Annual vendor evaluation
- Perform evaluation of vendor performance timely and effectively
- Monitor & purchase marketing materials - form, brochure, leaflet & etc at an optimum inventory level
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to work independently and possess a keen understanding in procurement of in-direct operation materials.
- Minimum 4 years’ related experience in sourcing and procurement experience
- Bachelor's degree of Commerce/Arts/Science or equivalent in Supply Chain Management/ Business / Engineering.
- Exposure of experience in bank business/financial services in Malaysia
- Relevant experience in people management (i.e. practices, leadership, effectiveness)
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Advance negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven leadership and people management skills to direct a large team
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Procurement Manager job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125