General Manager Procurement
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-10-26 purchasing-and-procurement Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A Malaysia-based multinational and public-listed company has a key subsidiary involved with equipment manufacturing is looking for a General Manager Procurement to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this role will be responsible for the entire strategic procurement spend for their entire manufacturing requirements.
About the General Manager Procurement Role:
As the General Manager Procurement, you are responsible for providing leadership and high impact initiative that would bring best in class procurement practices that would result in cost saving, efficiency, quality deliveries and managed risk across the organisation.
- Full responsibility of group procurement policies, governances and procedures
- Managing a team responsible for sourcing, vendor & contract management of direct & indirect material.
- Ensure effective tendering process, preparation of bids, proposals, contract management or other informational requests
- Re-evaluate existing contract & suppliers while identify & evaluate alternative suppliers to manage business continuity plan and risk profile
- Ensuring that purchases be of the required quality and quantity, at the most economical costs, and of timely delivery.
For you to excel in this role, background in procurement within a manufacturing environment along with category knowledge in steel/ metal commodity management will be an added advantage. It is expected for the General Manager Procurement to coach and build a high performing team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Business or any related field
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, tendering and contract management in manufacturing background.
- Strong business acumen with excellent management, leadership and strategic planning skills.
This Malaysia-based equipment manufacturer has a stable pipeline of sales with strong market positioning in its segment that is a well-known brand name within the industry. This encourage them to further develop its people and business to expansion across Asia Pacific and bring it to the next level of growth.
If you are a progressive General Manager Procurement with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in this established manufacturer that you can relate with while be in a growing organisation that desire to be even better.
Apply now at email@example.com or call me to discuss this new opportunity
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125