Category Procurement Manager
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum
Consultant Veekay Lim
Date posted 13 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
One of the world leaders in medical devices is looking for a Category Procurement Manager to lead capital expenditure procurement activities in Penang, Malaysia.
About the Category Procurement Manager role:
You will be tasked to lead capital expenditure procurement activities for the medical devices company based in Penang.
- Execute purchasing activities for sub-categories according to company purchasing policies by utilising specified tools for category management in order to contribute to the overall competitiveness
- Responsible for Category analysis, Strategy development, Strategy execution and implementation, measurement and review of the effects of category management work, in order to optimise and improve the overall long term performance
- Handling commercial side of Indirect Materials Engineering projects (expansions, new offices/warehouses etc.) in the region
- Execute tactical category work for the categories in line with company’s strategies and the category management principles by negotiating price agreements with suppliers
- Develop and/or maintain good and long term supplier relationships by keeping regular, close contact with suppliers to fulfil category strategy and secure the best long term results
- Work closely with cross functional teams globally; by coordinating activities and information with local Purchasing, Technical, Marketing and Production to ensure the best long term results
- Train, supervise and coordinate, all regional activities in order to achieve the most efficient purchasing processes
To succeed in this Category Procurement Manager role, you should have prior experience in procurement with excellent communication skills.
- At least 5 years of working experience in procurement function in the areas of capex, machinery, logistics and project management
- Proficiency in SAP is highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills to interact with people of all levels of seniority as well as stakeholders from various countries
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
This global leader in the health-care industry needs no introduction, with a history stretching back over 100 years serving customers worldwide. With an ever-expanding business, this organisation is actively focusing on its constantly-growing business in Asia. With a culture that focuses on continuous improvement and innovation, this organisation promotes internal growth and a gender-equal workforce.
If you are up to taking a new challenge, this is the role for you. The opportunities to progress are ever-present, with the option of global mobility as well.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125