Procurement & Logistics Manager
Salary From RM80,000 per annum and above
Location Johor Bahru
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 10 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A regional renewable energy and engineering company is recruiting a Procurement & Logistics Manager in Johor Bahru, Malaysia to join their team. In this Procurement & Logistics Manager job, you will be responsible for leading the department, setting up best practices standard operating procedure, ensure seamless execution, and meeting overall business requirements in order to meet critical timeline especially in project engineering industry. The business is undergoing double digit growth each year and its an opportunity for you to strive in a business that is in a growth phase.
About the Procurement & Logistics Manager Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Procurement & Logistics Manager to build a new department, to be the pioneer in transforming the group system, process and structure and bring them forward from previously isolated department into a single unified unit. Your main responsibility is to create cross functional collaboration across department, improving overall operation efficiency and participate in improving the overall business value from the perspective of procurement, sourcing, logistics and international trade.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing overall procurement prospects, managing procurement schedules and oversees the procurement department activities.
- Lead sourcing on commodities by managing price negotiation, supplier selection and evaluation to deliver quality standards and on time delivery.
- Contracts (including formal, short form, and annual contracts) – drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution, provide guidance on contract matters to Project managers or other operational staff.
- Ensure material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support production which keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- To coordinate entire logistic operation including all customs clearances, deliveries to sites, receiving, processing of work orders and invoicing in a timely manner.
The successful candidate must possess versatility and has the desire to succeed in this growing company in a developing industry. As the industry undergoing massive change, the role will certainly evolved which requires strong adaptability by the candidate. You must have the ability to transform the unstructured environment while working along side cross functional department and top management who are equally motivated to bring the business to the next phase of growth
Key Requirements include:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in any field, preferably procurement and logistic, construction or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related filed is required in this position.
- Able to work autonomously in a demanding environment (meaning hands-on problem solving skills are needed when necessary).
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Relationship builder, strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work internally and externally in an effective and efficient way.
This growing renewable energy and engineering company is a regional player in the green energy field and also an award winning company in both OEM segment and brand owner. They have undergone significant growth over the 20 years history and they promotes from within – career progression opportunity are outstanding.
If you are a progressive Procurement & Logistics Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in this growing company.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125