Materials Sourcing Engineer
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum
Consultant Veekay Lim
Date posted 10 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Materials Sourcing Engineer, role has become available at one of the leading manufacturing organisations in the electronics industry based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Head of Department, this is a role for an engineer who is a subject matter expert in their fields.
About the Materials Sourcing Engineer role:
In this role, you will be the technical expert for sourcing of materials such as silicons, epoxies and glues.
- Performing cost analyses of supplier's materials and/or supplier's manufacturing processes
- Performing Request for Quotation for new materials including quote analysis and comparison, and negotiation with the suppliers
- Performing market / technology / supplier/ trend scouting with relevant cross-functional counterparts in order to create and maintain a detailed supply market understanding
- Contributing to the global category management regarding sourcing strategy definition and implementation
- Organising the early involvement of Procurement and suppliers in new Product / Technology Development activities and jointly decide on supplier / material selection in a cross-functional team
- Supporting Product / Technology Development to meet project time-lines by ensuring supply during R&D and early production phase
- Leading and reporting material cost down projects
To succeed in the Materials Sourcing Engineer role, you will have to be highly experienced in polymer applications and manufacturing processes.
- An academic degree in Science or Engineering, preferably min. Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- Min. 7 years of work experience, preferably in polymer development or manufacturing
- Eagerness to directly connect your technical expertise to business and financial results
- Experience in leading projects and cross-functional teams
- Strong communication, influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Willingness to travel globally (10-20% of time)
- Experience with semiconductor industry (e.g. as supplier to semiconductor companies) is a plus
- Ability to work in an international environment and able to travel globally on an occasional basis.
- A high fluency in English is highly desirable
This organisation is a globally renowned electronics component manufacturer with an outstanding reputation in its field and places great value on it's employee's career development. It is committed to perform beyond their customers expectations, something which drives their business decisions every day and their relentless focus and discipline as a company has led to solid, long-term performance for their shareholders.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities wait the right person in this exciting Materials Sourcing Engineer role.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125