Purchasing Manager - Jewellry (Based in Bangkok)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Jeremy Webber
Date posted 05 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A world-leading lapidary (jewellery) firm is recruiting a Purchasing Manager in Bangkok to join their team. In this Purchasing Manager job, you will be responsible for supporting the development of long range sourcing plans to reduce total costs and leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the Purchasing Manager - Jewellery (Based in Bangkok) Role:
Reporting to the Southeast Asia Sales Manager, you will work in close collaboration with various cross functional logistics, production and sales team. As the Purchasing Manager, you will be in charge of working on providing a professional management of suppliers with the aim of achieving efficient and competitive levels of products.
- Manage supplier relationship in terms of price and quality for new and existing including communication and follow up related to purchase order schedule
- Provide official contract to suppliers and maintain up to date controlled suppliers related quality documentation
- Assist the factory in France with maintaining proper inventory level
- Manage constant benchmark and advise and recommend to internal stakeholders about new suppliers
- Take lead to propose and execute sourcing new products and material
The successful candidate must possess at least five years' proven experience in the procurement, purchasing, shipping and contract negotiation with good communication skills in Cantonese.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Procurement or related field
- Experience in procurement from lapidary industry and proper technical expertise
- Good communication skills in both Cantonese and English language (French is optional)
- Strong negotiation skills and leadership
- Able to work independently and effectively with various levels of people
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
This international lapidary company has an outstanding reputation in its field. With their long history in the business this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Purchasing Manager - Jewellery job.
Apply now for this great opportunity.
**Please note that this advertisement is posted on behalf of Pattra Chaipiyaphan, Consultant - Supply Chain, Logistics & Procurement division in Robert Walters Thailand. You may send your inquiries or applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125