Procurement Director Asia Pacific
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 29 December 2016
An international and well-recognised chemical company with strong presence in various markets around Asia Pacific is currently recruiting a Procurement Director Asia Pacific to be based in Kuala Lumpur to lead the entire procurement activities across Asia Pacific. Your main responsibility is to ensure the total spend across direct and indirect spend are according to the policy and governance as well as the global and regional risk, compliance & strategy embarked by the entire group.
About the Procurement Director Asia Pacific Role:
As a Procurement Director Asia Pacific, you are responsible to drive, lead and coach procurement for the local country to a high performance level by ensuring global and regional initiatives are driven downwards especially for single source vendor while providing autonomy for local procurement initiatives in managing localisation through vigorous technical specification across cross functional team.
- Lead the entire procurement function and team to ensure continuous improvement culture are cultivated to deliver performance and capable team.
- Responsible for end to end procurement process and custodian at ensuring raw material supply and services are seamless without any interrupted.
- Setup category management portfolio to monitor compliance and establish risk profile.
- To analyse each category segment to ensure long term robust sourcing strategies are put in place.
- Set realistic goals and KPI for team members are key measurable to motivate team at delivery constant saving plans.
To succeed as a Procurement Director Asia Pacific, you will need vast amount of experiences in chemical sourcing and strong network in the region to lead a big team of procurement who specialize in various sub-categories in chemical and services. Having taken up multiple functions in procurement in local and regional/ global capacity for at least 15 years in totality especially in a leadership and people management role is a must.
This leading chemical company in the international arena has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on ensuring quality deliverables and optimum business growth as well as career development for its employee.
If you have a successful track record with achieving cost saving, cultivate continuous improvement culture and managed/ developed a strategic procurement team, this is a role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Procurement Director Asia Pacific job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125