Global Commodities Manager
Consultant Benny Tan
Date posted 21 September 2016
An exciting Global Commodities Manager role has become available at one of the leading manufacturing organisation in the electronics industry based in Penang. Reporting directly to the department Vice President, this is a role for a leader who is a subject matter expert in their field.
About the Global Commodities Manager role:
In this role, you will be responsible to develop and administer contracts which take full advantage of the total volume and develop supply chain strategies to yield component contracts at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Responsible for identifying materials and suppliers suitable for regional contracts within assigned commodity scope.
- Responsible for Responsible for generating forecast and total purchase reports for management as required.
- Conduct industry research and have a high degree of business knowledge of manufacturers, suppliers and market place.
- Establish performance objectives and associated metrics for the Commodities Group.
- Cultivate and maintain regional and global strategic supplier relationships with their executives for all major component types within assigned commodities.
- Defines and executes the sourcing strategies for commodity families assigned and guides its implementation.
- Ensure the commercial and cost savings benefits are realized at the P&L level and drive the commodity via a P&L structure to achieve targeted net parts margin.
- Identify opportunities for operational excellence and cost saving within the commodity families assigned to achieve established cost reduction targets.
- Steer the negotiations of contracts and aim to achieve the best purchasing conditions for material at preferred suppliers to arrive at desired spend and working capital improvements.
- Demonstrate and effective global supply strategy for assigned commodity, measured by lowest TCO, enabled by supplier segmentation, development and management.
- Be a key escalation point of contact for shortages to prevent revenue shortfall or customer dissatisfaction.
To succeed in the Global Commodities Manager role, you will have to have the ability to effectively communicate essential project information to operators, site management, and program managers using a variety of formats.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required for this position.
- A minimum working experience of six years in a similar capacity and equivalent industry experience is highly preferred .
- Experience within various commodity families such as Interconnects, Passives and Electromechanical (IP&E), Semiconductors, Printed Circuit Boards (PCB), hydraulics, robotics etc,
- Technical knowledge or related products understanding is an advantage, for second source and emerging technologies solution
- A positive attitude and ability to embrace and work with cross cultures and functional departments are highly desirable.
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to communicate and influence individuals at all levels within an organization.
- Occasional travel is required to meet the needs of the business.
This organisation is a renowned US-based company that manufactures and markets complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. They help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and serve a variety of industries such as but not limited to electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical, and aerospace. This organisation is committed to perform beyond their customers expectations, something which drives their business decisions every day and their relentless focus and discipline as a company has led to solid, long-term performance for their shareholders.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities wait the right person in this exciting Global Commodities Manager position.
Apply today or call me at 04 6090 501 to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125