Salary MYR8000 - MYR15000 per month + Insurance, Medical, Allowances
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant Brandon Teoh
Date posted 14 September 2016
A rapidly expanding e-commerce start up is looking for a talented Procurement Manager in Petaling Jaya to take on a newly created role. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a role for a Procurement Manager who is a leader in the retail industry, specialising in Home & Living.
About the Procurement Manager Role:
You will be responsible for leading all sourcing and procuring activities and travelling across South East Asia, China and Europe to expand the supplier exposure. As the Procurement Manager (Home & Living), you will be in charge of finding the best supplies in the market to meet the current market trend.
- Source and procure new home and living furniture to meet current market trends
- Identify, develop and qualify new suppliers – home & living furniture from overseas (China, SEA and Europe)
- Responsible for supplier management like database, audit, evaluation, corrective actions, cost reduction and quality assurance
- Coordinate and communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Price negotiation with relevant supplier to meet targeted budget (most economical cost)
- Involve in development of new potential product ideas; conduct market research, generate reports and product requirements, forecast industry trends, etc.
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to identify, source and procure and possess a keen understanding of home and living furniture.
- Diploma (with extensive working experience) or higher in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience in procurement, buyer, and/or product & supply
- Experience in home & living industry is a critical – be it a retail or distributing company setting
- E-commerce exposure would be advantageous
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (written and spoken)
- Excellent with negotiation
- Team management will be advantageous
This company is much more than an e-commerce company and is anything but traditional. It has the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Procurement Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work within an adventurous company that is constantly breaking new ground in the digital retail industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125