Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant Alvin Wong
Date posted 02 September 2016
An outstanding Procurement Manager job has just become available at one of the fastest growing FMCG organisations based in Petaling Jaya. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, your main responsibility is to support and implement all procurement-related functions across Malaysia and Singapore.
About the Procurement Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Procurement Manager will play a key role to ensure continuous cost savings and cost improvement through projects innovations, contracts establishment and price evaluation with suppliers.
- Develop and implement local category strategies that fully leverage local/regional supply market knowledge and opportunities in Malaysia and Singapore
- Lead local competition in the supply market and the continuous improvement of the local procurement terms and conditions as well as for supplier management initiatives.
- Achieve cost reduction and increased service and efficiency targets in line with local and regional organizational objectives, implement and ensures the target achievement for team responsible categories
- Lead supplier selection by creating cross functional teams and utilising RFQ/RFPs, negotiation and other skills and tools.
- Implementation of global and local procurement principles and the application of standardized procurement processes and systems.
To succeed in the Procurement Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in purchasing, indirect goods and services with 3 years experience in a managerial role
- Individuals with project management skills will be an added advantage
- Strong leadership skills, goal-oriented, initiative, strong analytical skills
- Advanced commercial, negotiation and contracting skills
- Good command of English and Mandarin
This international FMCG Company needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the emerging organisation in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Procurement Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125