Supply Chain Site Lead
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref YJ29MQ-E98A675D
Date posted 25 May 2023penang procurement-supply-chain/production-planning 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 manufacturing-and-production Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Supply Chain Site Lead job opportunity has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. The company is an accomplished manufacturer which, with its broad technological expertise and far-reaching specialist knowledge, produce high-tech product and product system development and manufacturing based on polymer materials.
About the Supply Chain Site Lead Role:
Reporting to the Operation Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the overall supply chain department, mainly involved in planning, purchasing, customer service as well as logistics and warehouse aspects.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Work with production operations to develop and update Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures for ISO Quality Management System practices
- Analyse service issue and carrier quality information and develop clear and concise reports
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records
- Strengthen the warehouse process control to ensure that the physical quantity is consistent with the account
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes
- Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to land more profitable deals
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Direct and coordinates global supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimisation, profitability maximisation, and KPIs resulting in the maximisation of customer satisfaction
- Lead the logistics and warehouse team to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers, and monitor and correct inventory levels at warehouses
- Develop procedures in increasing efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implement subsequent changes to processes
- Resolve production issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly
- Train and guide employees
- Manage other tasks as assigned by the superior/management
To succeed in this Supply Chain Site Lead job, you must have the ability to work on your own initiative, enjoy working around people from all levels and possess a good understanding of business needs.
- A bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or similar relevant field or related discipline with a minimum of five years of Supply Chain Planning or Production Control experience
- Capable of utilising MRP software in managing the scheduling process
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills
- Ability to measure forecast accuracy and determining root causes for deviations
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise, and creativity. The innovation, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Supply Chain Site Lead with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+60 4 240 2135