Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1882850/001
Date posted 13 December 2022penang procurement-supply-chain/production-planning 2022-12-13 2023-02-11 manufacturing-and-production Kulim Kedah MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Planning Manager job has just become available in world-leading medical solutions company, whereby they design and supply medical solutions to enhance performance in healthcare – from the hospital to the home.
About the Planning Manager Role:
This is a role for candidates who can lead a team of planners on production planning, material planning, factory demand and outbound supply for their manufacturing plant in Kulim, Kedah. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, this position is for a candidate can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Define and control an optimal level of inventory for the Malaysian gloves manufacturing operations for finished goods, work in progress and raw materials
- Production planning (dipping and packing)
- Material planning (latex, chemicals and packaging)
- Factory demand planning (global and regional)
- Gloves sterilisation (monthly scheduling and optimisation)
- Inventory planning (define safety stock calculation and maintain optimum level)
- Customer service (order compilation, processing, confirmation and general liaison)
- System data maintenance (BOM, cycle count, product codes and item master)
- Production volumes for dipping and packing (over 300m pairs annually, four manufacturing sites in Malaysia)
- Align between regional demand (USA, Europe, APAC and Middle East/Africa) and manufacturing capacity, monthly and annually
- Manage optimal inventory and safety stock levels for finished goods/raw materials
- Evaluate recruitment and performance (five planners and three assistants)
- Annual budget for the planning section
To succeed in this role, you must possess the ability to motivate a team to perform continuously under a high-pressure environment and have the business maturity to make operational and strategic decisions holistically and independently.
- Minimum qualification – degree in supply chain, economics, mathematics or business administration
- Well versed in planning, a background in the gloves manufacturing industry is advantageous/preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with SAP and planning tools e.g. Kinexis
- 8 - 10 years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Overseas travel (i.e. conferences, training) may be required one to two times a year
This organisation highly regards thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Their mission is providing effective solutions and offering better value for money.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Planning Manager job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email to email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 20 January 2023An exciting Planner job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Planning Manager, this is a role for professionals who is well versed in planning.