Category Manager - IT (Asia)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 79VGPY-4FE24ED8
Date posted 24 May 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-05-25 2023-07-23 purchasing-and-procurement Selangor MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A global industrial products organisation is looking for a Category Manager - IT (Asia) job to lead the sourcing, contracting and category management initiatives.
About the Category Manager - IT (Asia) Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for the case management, sourcing strategy, supplier pre-qualification, contracting and supplier management tasks and will liaise frequently with key stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are being met for stakeholders.
- Gather and analyse market intelligence data, identify procurement networks, suppliers and service providers
- Deploy Global IT category strategy in close coordination with internal business partners
- Standardise and optimise the process of specifying the demands, execute the RFQ, evaluate and award the supplies which includes risk mitigation, business continuity and continuous process optimisation
- Establish commercial framework for the relevant suppliers, collaborate with legal to finalise contractual agreements
- Foster stakeholder management to maximise Global Procurement’s value contribution as a global business partner
- Identify, create methods, tools, processes for benchmarking and best practice sharing with other sites
- Conduct local spend analysis to define procurement and standardisation projects
- Continue to develop a solid understanding of supply agreement templates along with thorough understanding of legal concepts related to category guiding principles
To succeed in this Category Manager - IT (Asia) role, you will need to have solid experience in sourcing of IT categories.
- Tertiary qualification in supply chain management or related field of study
- 8 - 15 years of procurement experience, specialising in IT (hardware, software) category procurement/sourcing (non-manufacturing industry)
- Proactive, resilient, results-oriented and possess an improvement mindset
- Analytical approach, strong negotiation skills and able to work in a collaborative cross functional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to drive category management initiatives
- Familiarity with the usage of procurement tools such as SAP or Ariba
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This international company has a large footprint of manufacturing facilities globally, supported with internal regional IT hubs. With great corporate environment and culture, they have gained industry recognition as one of the innovative companies in their business segment.
If you are a procurement professional who is seeking a challenging role to take your career to the next level, this is the opportunity for you. You will be part of a progressive team that is poised to breaking new grounds in the industry.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my/call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+603 2303 7063
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A large building materials and construction company is recruiting for a Senior Group Purchasing Manager job to provide strategic direction for the purchasing function at group level.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A world leading chemical company is looking for a Sourcing Manager (IT, Corporate and Professional Services) job to develop and implement sourcing strategies, execute biddings and negotiate contracts.
Salary: MYR192,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A conglomerate company is looking for a Group Procurement Manager. In this job, you will lead the procurement and sourcing process for its subsidiaries to focus on cost savings initiatives and management group procurement activities.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2023An exciting Senior Manager, Warehouse and Logistics job has been made available by a manufacturing, supply and distribution, and retail store chain here in Malaysia.
Salary: Good PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023An established FMCG company is recruiting for a Head of Supply Chain (MY and SG) job to lead supply chain activities which includes demand planning, supply planning, customer service, inventory management, logistics, distribution and procurement.