Senior Group Purchasing Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref DDENEA-B2C3CF3C
Date posted 24 May 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-05-25 2023-07-23 purchasing-and-procurement Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A large building materials and construction company is recruiting for a Senior Group Purchasing Manager job to provide strategic direction for the purchasing function at group level.
About the Senior Group Purchasing Manager Role:
In this position, you will lead the purchasing aspects which includes exploring strategic value creation opportunities and providing recommendations to the management team for implementation across the subsidiary companies.
- Oversee purchasing activities in accordance to desired level of quality, cost and timeline
- Explore continuous improvement/transformation initiatives to ensure value creation by pursuing strategic purchasing activities
- Provide consultation to various stakeholders on matters related to purchasing
- Oversee purchasing systems, governance, vendor development and supplier management deliverables by implementing key initiatives
- Pursue the implementation of special development projects
- Collaborate innovation initiatives inline value creation projects
- Foster strategic relationships with vendors including vendor management program and bulk purchases or strategic sourcing for effective cost control on projects
- Drive implementation of policies and guidelines for purchasing and contract management
To succeed in the Senior Group Purchasing Manager role, you will need to have a strong understanding of the building materials and construction sector and a progressive track record of successfully leading a purchasing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant business field of study
- 10 to 18 years of purchasing experience in the construction related industry (e.g. purchasing of building materials such as cement, sand, aggregates, rebar, fittings)
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit, resilient in facing challenges and highly motivated
- Influential, agile and able to steer various groups towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to engage well with senior stakeholders
- Consulting and group level purchasing experience will be highly regarded
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This company is one of the top firms in their market segment and their strengths are in property and infrastructure projects.
If you are a seasoned Purchasing Manager from the construction sector dealing with purchasing of building materials, this Senior Group Purchasing Manager position will be your next step towards your career enhancement.
If you have a successful track record of strategising and implementing solutions with a positive can-do approach, you can take your career forward with this Senior Manager of Purchasing role.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my/call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+603 2303 7063
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2023An exciting Senior Manager, Warehouse and Logistics job has been made available by a manufacturing, supply and distribution, and retail store chain here in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A world leading chemical company is looking for a Sourcing Manager (IT, Corporate and Professional Services) job to develop and implement sourcing strategies, execute biddings and negotiate contracts.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 24 May 2023A global industrial products organisation is looking for a Category Manager - IT (Asia) job to lead the sourcing, contracting and category management initiatives.
Salary: MYR192,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A conglomerate company is looking for a Group Procurement Manager. In this job, you will lead the procurement and sourcing process for its subsidiaries to focus on cost savings initiatives and management group procurement activities.
Salary: Good PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023An established FMCG company is recruiting for a Head of Supply Chain (MY and SG) job to lead supply chain activities which includes demand planning, supply planning, customer service, inventory management, logistics, distribution and procurement.