Buying Manager (Non-Food)
Salary MYR72,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant KarMoon Tan
Job Ref 1914330/001
Date posted 14 March 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-03-14 2023-05-13 retail Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 72000 96000 96000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A few Buying Manager (Non-Food) positions have been made available with one of the fastest growing retail chain in the country.
About the Buying Manager (Non-Food) Role:
In this business critical role, you will manage the buying and merchandising of new stocks for the company. You will also take the lead in negotiating with suppliers and trading terms to ensure the best outcome for the company. They have a few categories ranging from electrical, hardware, stationery, toys etc.
- Source for potential products from vendors, not limited to locally
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Maintain inventory management records
- Analyse sales trends and adjust product offering accordingly
- Develop assortments by analysing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trend and competitive landscape
- Manage open-to-buy to meet financial targets and productivity metrics at the SKU level for performance, sales, inventory, receipt and margin goals
- Manage SKU life cycle and react to in-season sales to inform the strategy going forward
- Analyse and re-forecast for the business to help implement strategies and ensure plans are achieved, including adjusting product flow and inventory management
- Allocate product by location to ensure goals are met
- Communicate with warehouse, logistics, store operations and third party vendors to ensure timely delivery of shipments
- Share season-over-season learning based on customer patterns and seasonal product performance
- Manage and communicate floor set delivery grids to cross-functional partners
- Develop, maintain and update appropriate allocation tools and templates to analyse merchandise selling by store in order to optimise distribution. Make quarterly recommendations to the buying team, by department, based on history and current trends, on the appropriate size curve to use for purchases
To succeed in this Buying Manager (Non-Food) role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively, build up and manage the category, and cooperate well with internal and external stakeholders in ensuring growth for the company.
- Minimum of three years' work experience in buying/category management function in the retail industry
- Good communication and presentation skills. Proficiency in Mandarin is a better advantage as the role requires to liaise with mostly Mandarin-speaking suppliers/clients
- Good analytical, organisational and project management skills, and has a positive work attitude
This renowned and rapidly growing retail company needs no introduction and is easily recognised by consumers. The company has been growing rapidly hence the culture is open and ambitious, but also not limited to developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Buying Manager (Non-Food) role is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Buying Manager job.
Apply today or email me: Karmoon.Tan@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7003
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR72,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 March 2023A leading chemical manufacturing company is seeking an Order Management Executive. In this job, you will manage the end-to-end process of its international orders to ensure the timely and satisfactory delivery of goods.