Procurement Manager - Indirect
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1904600/001
Date posted 23 February 2023penang procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-02-23 2023-04-24 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Procurement Manager - Indirect job opportunity has become available at one of the world leaders in medical devices in Penang, Malaysia.
About the Procurement Manager - Indirect Role:
In this role, you will be leading the indirect procurement team and be the main person to lead the development and execution of a category strategy by working with business stakeholders and global/regional procurement colleagues.
Category Strategy Development and Execution
- Lead the development and execution of a category strategy by working with business stakeholders and global/regional procurement colleagues
- Gain a deep understanding of the business requirements, value chain, total costs, risks and opportunities in order to be able to challenge and deliver value improvements
- Bring knowledge of suppliers and supply market expertise to the business, including identification and development of innovations
- Plan and execute the procurement activity using ‘Source to Contract’ process leading competitive tenders and/or negotiations for formal as well as ad hoc activities as required.
Supplier Management and Supplier Risk Management
- Take responsibility for supplier management, implementing supplier business reviews and other means of driving supplier performance in sustainable, systematic ways
- Work with business stakeholders for the development and deployment of appropriate supplier performance targets and KPIs
- Ensure suppliers have the capacity, financial stability, quality & technical capabilities to meet business requirements and put in place supplier development/risk mitigation plans as appropriate
Operations, Reporting and Governance
- Manage the purchase requisition process and approvals for the category in line with company policies and requirements
- Be accountable for cost savings and value creation in line with annual targets
- Work in close collaboration with business stakeholders whilst reporting functionally through the procurement organisation
- Promote and ensure compliance to integrity and the code of conduct
Projects and Assignments
- Challenge sourcing activities, processes and existing practices to identify and implement value engineering and/or operational excellence, process improvement as well as new sourcing opportunities
- Take the initiative and be willing to lead or support improvement projects in the function and business
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with suppliers, internal business customers, and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or engineering/sciences is preferred
- Eight or more years of category management and strategic sourcing experience in machinery/equipment/indirect procurement such as automation machines, packaging machines, etc.
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes, internal business requirement and market dynamics with a strong background in supplier sourcing
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated abilities to exercise sound judgement while working independently to resolve critical issues
- Ability to work well in a high-paced, dynamic environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ensure timely completion of tasks
- Technical knowledge of items such as automation machine, packaging machine and machinery is an advantage
The successful candidate will join a well-established multinational firm whose expertise has made them the leader in the healthcare industry globally. The scope of offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven and determined, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Procurement Manager - Indirect role.
Apply now or email me at Audrey.email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 4 240 2135
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 23 March 2023An exciting Supply Chain Manager job opportunity has become available at an electronics assembly manufacturing company in Penang. Reporting to the Director, this opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to greater heights and participating the Malaysia business expansions.