Head of Procurement
Salary MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1901720/001
Date posted 17 February 2023johor-bahru procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-02-21 2023-04-18 purchasing-and-procurement Johor Bahru MY MYR 300000 420000 420000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Head of Procurement job has become available at a natural resource start-up to manage its direct and indirect procurement and spearhead the company’s greenfield plant set-up.
About the Head of Procurement Role:
In this role, you will be responsible in procurement activities for all matters related to procurement processes for the company’s direct and indirect procurement needs which includes sourcing, negotiating an tracking of deliverables from suppliers and partners to ensure the cost effectiveness of the company’s projects.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies, conduct contract negotiations, and procurement processes in line with companies needs
- Achieve and maintain cost competitiveness
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of company goals and timely deliveries
- Conduct supplier sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, and performance management
- Further develop Approved Vendor List to diversify supplier alternatives
- Perform cost and scenario analysis as well as benchmarking
- Lead cost saving initiatives
- Develop and implement contingency strategies to mitigate unforeseen situations
- Implement dual sourcing initiatives to create a matured vendor list
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess good leadership skills and strong hands-on knowledge in sourcing, contract negotiation, purchasing, vendor development, vendor assessment and managing vendor compliance in the natural resource industry. The ability to swiftly pivot in a volatile environment is also highly valued for this role.
- Degree in supply chain management, business administration or any related field
- Over 15 years of work experience in a procurement function within the biomass industry
- Proven track record of cost savings and contract negotiations
- Proven track record in greenfield plant set-up
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently whilst still being a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This new start-up company is looking to make a strong presence in the industry.
If you are a dynamic and highly competitive candidate who is seeking an opportunity to create a prominent reputation within the industry, then this Head of Procurement role is the opportunity for you.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com / call me at 03-2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7067
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KluangDate posted: 10 March 2023A Production Planning and Warehouse Manager job has become available at an established FMCG company.