Category Manager (Procurement)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 1896130/001
Date posted 27 January 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-02-16 2023-03-28 purchasing-and-procurement Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A world-leading chemical company is seeking a Category Manager (Procurement). In this job, you will drive improvements to the overall category performance in procurement.
About the Category Manager (Procurement) Role:
In this position, you will drive improvements for category performance by establishing category strategic partners and liaise frequently with key stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are being met for transition and transformational projects.
- Develop appropriate category strategy which enables efficient and effective operational execution
- Gather and analyse market intelligence data, analyse the implications and inform decisions on category strategy to stakeholders
- Support optimisation of requirements that promotes transformational, agile and innovative approach to supply market
- Develop insights on category spend profiles to eliminate non-value add spend within the category which will drive subsequent sourcing initiatives
- Analyse supply market insights to create robust future sourcing solutions
- Promote thought leadership regarding the impact of innovation and technology towards the category strategy
To succeed in this Category Manager (Procurement) role, you will need to have solid category management experience in corporate services (HR) or professional services.
- Tertiary qualifications in supply chain management or related field of study
- 10 - 15 years of procurement experience, specialising in corporate services (HR) or professional services in the recent three years
- Familiar with the usage of procurement tools (e.g. Ariba Source to Pay, Salesforce and Compass)
- Innovative, proactive, resilient, results-oriented and possess an improvement mindset
- Analytical approach and able to work in a collaborative cross-functional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to drive initiatives/improvement projects
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This international firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great corporate environment and culture, they have gain industry recognition. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a procurement professional who is seeking a challenging role to take your career to the next level, this Category Manager (Procurement) role is the right opportunity for you. You will be part of a progressive team that is poised to break new grounds in the industry.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7063
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 March 2023An Order Management Executive (ANZ) job has become available at a global company that needs no introduction.
Salary: From RM200,000 pa and aboveLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 March 2023A prominent port is seeking a Liquid Terminal Operations, Senior Manager to be based across Malaysia (Penang, Klang, Malacca, Johor, or Kuantan). Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this job leads a team to ensure loading, discharging and transit of liquid cargo are according to customer satisfaction while ensure berth productivity and port turnarounds.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 February 2023A leading FMCG company is recruiting for a Head of Supply Chain job to lead supply chain activities which include demand planning, supply planning, customer service, inventory management, logistics, distribution and procurement.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 February 2023A leading supplier of innovative medical technological products with over 150 offices worldwide is seeking a Global S&OP Manager. In this job, you will lead and champion the sales and operations planning process in the company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 08 February 2023A leading supplier of medical devices supplying to over 70 countries worldwide is seeking a Deputy Procurement GM. In this job, you will provide leadership and coordination for all procurement activities nationwide to drive the business growth.