Regional Procurement Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Naufal Shukri
Job Ref 1891060/001
Date posted 25 January 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-01-25 2023-03-26 fmcg Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Regional Procurement Manager job has become available at a renowned food manufacturer.
About the Regional Procurement Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the procurement activities of the indirect categories which includes co-manufacturing, marketing, distribution, services, and projects. The scope of this role includes cost savings, supplier development, compliance to contract and procurement process improvement. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Procurement.
- Play the function of category leader, monitor contract with suppliers and monitor supplier performance (KPIs and service level) for contract compliance
- Develop and implement a purchasing action plan for category for a sustainable competitive advantage from the perspective of cost, safety, security of supply and innovation
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the procurement process, oversee suppliers’ delivery of materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon
- Develop a capable and engaged procurement team to interface with internal stakeholders, business and supplier partners with capabilities to identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimise sourcing, supplier activities, and efficiency
- Manage governance and control programmes to ensure business continuity, protection of company assets and compliance with corporate and regulatory policies
- Negotiate with suppliers for indirect purchases while ensuring that they meet the company’s standards
- Manage tenders and supplier contracts, documenting them into the system and carrying out the renewal process
To succeed in this Regional Procurement Manager role, you will need to have a solid experience in indirect procurement (co-manufacturing, logistics and marketing spends) covering sourcing, purchasing, vendor development, vendor assessment, compliance and improvement projects.
- Tertiary qualifications in supply chain management or related field of study
- Five to eight years of indirect material procurement experience; with a track record of leading tenders, negotiations, and contracts
- Hands-on experience in end-to-end strategic procurement/category management
- Ability to manage and execute procurement strategies to support supply chain team as a business partner
- Analytical, results-oriented and able to work in a collaborative cross-functional manner
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This organisation is a renowned manufacturer of food and is a major global supplier in its sector. This company has a strong results-oriented culture with an emphasis on work-life balance. If you are a driven professional in the customer service/order management space and would like to be a part of renowned global company, then this is an excellent opportunity.
If you are forward-thinking and would like to be part of an international organisation, then this Regional Procurement Manager role is a great opportunity for you.
Apply now or email me at Naufal.Shukri@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03-2303 7064 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 January 2023A Supply Chain Manager job has become available at a international company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 January 2023A Head of Distribution Operations job has become available at a global retail company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 December 2022One of the established technology companies is looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Head, Order Processing (IT Industry) job in Kuala Lumpur to execute order management functions for internal and external customers.