Palm Oil Trader
Salary From RM80,000 pa and above
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Job Ref 1865700/001
Date posted 11 January 2023kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2023-01-11 2023-03-12 purchasing-and-procurement Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A world leading agriculture and food ingredient manufacturer is recruiting for a Palm Oil Trader joib based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Commercial General Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring asset management across multiple sites are at full capacity with sufficient feed pipeline through physical trading and managing trading books (paper trade in hedging position to mitigate physical exposure) that runs hand in hand with their asset-based business.
About the Palm Oil Trader Role:
As the Palm Oil Trader, you will be responsible for providing coaching, leadership, and high impact initiative to train junior trader that would bring best in class trading practices that would result in risk mitigation, accurate forecast of market condition for various vegetable oil, weather condition and smooth operation when executing trade across globally.
- Carry out the buying and selling of Crude Palm Oil (CPO) and Palm Oil Products (PPO) and hedge on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives (BMD)
- Engage in trading activities that involve multiple assets based on market structure and direction
- Negotiate with buyers and sellers to reach agreements on prices for CPO and PPO in local and international markets
- Conduct market research, analyse demand, identify trends, and provide recommendations on market direction and growth opportunities
- Coordinate with buyers, refineries, shipping agents or owners, relevant government agencies, surveyors, and banks to ensure smooth logistics and operational processes
- Monitor and assess market conditions to minimise trading risk
- Monitor the risk management of trading positions and related exposures
- Analyse and forecast price trends of oils and fats
- Keep track of market news and daily news reports
To succeed in this Palm Oil Trader role, you must possess sharp intuition, passion, and commercial sense to keep up to date with the market structure while being equipped with trading knowledge (inverse trade, spread trade, etc.). Experience working with physical CPO, PPO and hedging on futures is an added advantage.
- Degree tertiary qualification in Supply Chain, Mathematics, or related Business degree
- Two to seven years' experience in dealing with financial derivatives in Bursa Malaysia Derivative for the oil palm industry
- Analytical skills with experience in risk management systems is an added advantage
- Experience working and network with direct refiner
- Experience handling operation (shipping agent, vessel owner, shipment schedule, shipment documentation, etc.
This world leading agriculture and food ingredient manufacturer has an outstanding portfolio, and they are looking at growing their asset holding to expand their palm oil presence in the market. This encourages them to further develop its people and business to remain as a staple brand name and bring it to the next level of growth.
If you are a progressive Palm Oil Trader with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in this established public listed company that you can relate with while be in a great organisation that desires to be even better.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Lim Chee Ming on +603 2303 7047 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Title. Thank you.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: From RM80,000 pa and aboveLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 January 2023A top producer of cocoa and chocolate is seeking a Cocoa Senior Trader to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This person will be reporting directly to the Cocoa Trading Manager and will be in charge of ensuring that facilities across various locations are fully operational and well stocked through physical trading, as well as managing trading activities (such as hedging trades to reduce physical risk).
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 January 2023A Planning Assistant Manager job has become available at an established FMCG company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 January 2023An Order Management Lead job has become available at a leading multinational company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 January 2023A leading international retail beauty firm with a presence in more than 150 countries is recruiting for an Assistant Manager - Customer Service (Retail Beauty) job to manage the coordination of shipment goods, documentation and IT projects relating to order management of the company.