Contracts Management and Procurement Lead
Salary MYR310,500 - MYR337,500 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1885370/001
Date posted 16 December 2022kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-12-16 2023-02-14 purchasing-and-procurement Kuala lumpur MY MYR 310500 337500 337500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A multinational company in the natural resources industry is seeking a Contracts Management and Procurement Lead. In this job, you will be a key member on their supply chain business unit to oversee all procurement and contracting activities undertaken by the company.
About the Contracts Management and Procurement Lead Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the implementation and maintenance of planning and control systems to ensure that all contracting and procurement activities of the department are carried out in a compliant and structured manner
- Lead contracting, strategic procurement, material management and logistics strategies for exploration and drilling programmes
- Develop close relationships with category management organisations to efficiently employ supply chain strategies
- Gather market information, price trend analysis of categories such as rigs and well operations through market pricing surveys
- Develop overall contracting strategies in conformance with procurement policies and requirements to ensure cost recovery for contracted expenditure
- Review and assess potential risk exposures and facilitate the development of appropriate mitigation plans and contractual safeguards
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers to develop and maintain to perform effective improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with the legal team to ensure that the contracts are appropriate to safeguard the company’s interest and to keep documents up-to-date
- Execute contracts with suppliers including the administration and management of process variations, contractual claims, contract supplements, amendments, and extensions
To succeed in this Contracts Management and Procurement Lead role, you will need to have solid experience in sourcing, negotiating and managing equipment vendors with large project values and having strong familiarity of updated products and systems in an upstream oil and gas manufacturing setting.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, business studies or legal related field of study
- Over 15 years of work experience in sourcing drilling operations and projects and a minimum of five years of managerial experience
- Proven track record of sourcing strategy development and contract negotiations
- Experience with ERP and e-procurement systems
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Highly motivated and ambitious to develop value generation
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This multinational company has a strong presence in the region and has many potential and ongoing projects in the region.
This Contracts Management and Procurement Lead role would be a great opportunity for individuals seeking to be part of a dynamic and highly skilled team of professionals.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com / call me at 03 2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 January 2023A world-leading chemical company is seeking a Category Manager (Procurement). In this job, you will drive improvements to the overall category performance in procurement.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 January 2023A fast-growing retail company is recruiting for a Head of Warehouse Improvement and Project (Regional Scope) job to assess warehouse operational gaps, initiate improvement initiatives and lead projects to improve warehouse performance across the region.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 January 2023An exciting Head of Supply Chain job opportunity has opened up at an international F&B company for a Head of Supply Chain role handling end-to-end supply chain processes.