Assistant Merchandiser/Buyer (Premium Retail)
Salary MYR72,000 - MYR90,000 per annum + Attractive
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Christie Cheah
Job Ref 1884950/001
Date posted 15 December 2022kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-12-15 2023-02-13 retail kuala lumpur MY MYR 72000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting and attractive Assistant Merchandiser/Buyer (Premium Retail) job has just become available at one of the most respected premium brands based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Merchandising Manager, this is a role for a merchandiser who is a leader in their field.
About the Assistant Merchandiser/Buyer (Premium Retail) Role:
In this business critical, role you will be responsible for managing the company's products, on-demand, and inventory planning, product assortment, pricing, gross margin, markdown, distribution channel and tactical promotion.
- Take brand ownership and provide vision, mission, goals, and strategies, which translate into brand plans, brand positioning, and go-to-market strategies
- Work closely with logistics team on OTB, order/stock planning, and age inventory management
- Work with marketing and sales team to generate accurate volume forecast
- Responsible for merchandise replenishment, allocation & consolidation of stock as per planned schedule
- Store visitation to ensure that all store merchandise is according to segmentation, inspect merchandising-related issues such as defective products, inventory accuracy, store product requests and feedback, etc.
- Analyse how the brand is positioned in the market and grow market share
- Provide product information to training team and retail doors for all products and new launches. This covers all aspects such as product information, sales sheet, description, etc.
To succeed in the Assistant Merchandiser/Buyer (Premium Retail) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Diploma or degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of four years' brand management experience
- Strategic Leadership - ability to drive both short and long-term brand growth and profitability
- Analytical - ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans
- Problem Solving - resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles and able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them
- Strong communication skills - ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Frequent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
This international premium brand needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Merchandiser/Buyer (Premium Retail) job.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C