Regional Category Buyer
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1860950/001
Date posted 14 October 2022petaling-jaya procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-10-14 2022-12-13 purchasing-and-procurement Petaling Jaya MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An multinational manufacturing company is seeking a Regional Category Buyer. In this job, you will cover the SEA region to lead its sourcing and contract management activities within the region for its energy and utility needs
About the Regional Category Buyer Role:
In this position, you will function as an individual contributor who will implement strategic sourcing the company’s energy needs according to the supplier availability in the region.
- Lead the negotiations and management of long-term relationships with vendors across the region
- Develop and monitor category strategy action plans as well as delivery progress reports to the Regional Category Manager
- Be the subject-matter expert on energy and utility operations within the region and identifying supplier strength within the region
- Develop relevant cost based pricing mechanisms with relation to the products to achieve the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Develop and negotiate commercial clauses to achieve the company’s goals
- Provide energy and utility regulation framework and an overall outlook on the latest development within the industry
To succeed in this Regional Category Buyer role, you will need to have a solid background in sourcing and procurement within the energy and utility industry to provide reasonable strategies and oversight on its environments.
- Degree in supply chain, engineering, chemistry or any related field
- Over four years of work experience in procurement within the chemical, energy or industrial gas industry
- Strong communication skills that will able to support local and regional counterparts
- Proven track record of negotiating long-term contracts
- High accountability and ownership to drive closure of action items
- Highly organised, process-driven and analytical in problem solving
- A positive approach, self-motivated, a team player who possesses a high level of integrity
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
The company has strong international presence delivering a wide range of innovative products to industrial manufacturers worldwide and is continuously expanding its reach across the region.
If you would like to contribute and be part of this growing manufacturing company then this role is right for you.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com / call me at 03 2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C