Purchasing Manager (Direct)
Salary MYR84,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1856260/001
Date posted 12 October 2022shah-alam procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-10-12 2022-12-11 manufacturing-and-production Shah Alam MY MYR 84000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international automotive components manufacturing company is seeking a Purchasing Manager (Direct). In this job, you will manage its procurement activities to streamline its processes and liaise with internal stakeholders to meet deadlines.
About the Purchasing Manager (Direct) Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the procurement activities such as planning and purchasing of raw materials in order to ensure smooth supply of materials from supplier for the needs of the company.
- Perform strategic purchasing, identifying cost reduction opportunities and lead implementation of purchasing best practices
- Lead negotiation of contracts, supplier management and performance reviews, and ensures accurate and timely metrics reporting
- Develop and implement dual sourcing activities to ensure alternative suppliers
- Monitor material prices
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and ensure timely delivery schedules
- Maintain and update procurement records in ERP systems as well as physical files
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the purchasing department to reduce supplier costs
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess good leadership skills and strong hands-on knowledge in procurement activities to ensure that all procurement activities are in line with the company’s goals.
- Degree in manufacturing, business administration or any related field
- Over five years of work experience in a procurement function in automotive manufacturing industry with two years in a managerial position
- Proven track record of sourcing and cost reduction initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently whilst still being a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This international automotive component manufacturing company has a strong standing within the industry.
If you are a dynamic and self-driven person who is looking to be part of a growing team to bring the company to new heights, then this Purchasing Manager (Direct) opportunity is right for you.
Apply now or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org / call me at 03-2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C