Indirect Procurement Lead
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Naufal Shukri
Job Ref 1847650/001
Date posted 12 September 2022kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-09-12 2022-11-11 fmcg Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Indirect Procurement Lead job has opened up at a global FMCG firm.
About the Indirect Procurement Lead Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the strategic procurement activities of the indirect categories which includes marketing (ATL and BTL), distribution, services, and projects. The scope of this role includes cost savings, supplier development, compliance to contract and procurement process improvement. You will be reporting directly to the Indirect Procurement Director.
- Lead and develop the local indirect procurement team
- Implement procurement strategies that is aligned with business objectives and delivers on key targets
- Develop a capable and engaged procurement team to interface with internal stakeholders, business and supplier partners with capabilities to identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimise sourcing, supplier activities, and efficiency
- Ensure all procurement processes comply with company policies including PO compliance, supplier management, indirect spend, etc.
- Negotiate with suppliers for indirect purchases while ensuring that they meet the company’s standards
- Drive improvements for procurement to optimise every stage of the procurement process
- Keeping up to tend with the latest innovations and communicating closely with relevant business stakeholders in knowledge sharing
To succeed in this Indirect Procurement Lead role, you will need to be strong in strategic procurement and have prior experience handling marketing procurement (ATL and BTL) covering sourcing, purchasing, vendor development, vendor assessment, compliance, and improvement projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management or related field of study
- At least 10 years of indirect procurement experience, particularly in marketing with a track record of leading tenders, negotiations, and contracts
- Experience in end-to-end strategic procurement/category management
- Ability to manage and execute procurement strategies to support supply chain team as a business partner
- Analytical approach, results-oriented and able to work in a collaborative cross-functional manner
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This established company has been a strong global market for their products and have progressive plans in place to support their next growth phase.
If you are forward-thinking and would like to be part of an established organisation, this Indirect Procurement Lead role is a great opportunity for you.
Apply now or email me at Naufal.Shukri@robertwalters.com.my/call me at 03-2303 7064 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C