Procurement Manager (Direct & Indirect)
Salary MYR117,000 - MYR124,800 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1849020/001
Date posted 09 September 2022shah-alam procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-09-09 2022-11-08 manufacturing-and-production Shah Alam MY MYR 117000 124800 124800 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international FMCG manufacturing company is seeking a Procurement Manager (Direct & Indirect) to lead in strategic purchasing and sourcing for new product for its direct and indirect materials to optimise the company’s expenditure and cost saving initiatives during its rapid expansion phase.
About the Procurement Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the procurement activities such as sourcing, planning and purchasing of raw materials and non-inventory materials in order to ensure smooth supply of materials from supplier to meet the requirements of the company’s various business units.
- Source and procure third-party manufacturers and maintain close relationship with vendors
- Conduct cost analysis to manage cost reduction/savings initiatives to achieve the company’s yearly target savings goals
- Manage the approved vendor list to ensure the good level of service and competitive pricing of each vendor and perform dual sourcing to ensure stable supply of materials
- Maintain close communications with customers and vendors to ensure the long-term efficient supply of goods and to manage cost constraints and lead times
- Conduct the sourcing, purchasing and shipment tracking of direct and indirect goods for two of its major plants in Malaysia
- Manage sub-contracting of activities to contract manufacturers and to track the quotation and costing for price reductions
- Proactively develop action plans for unforeseen/unexpected disturbances in product supply and respond to the unique requests and requirements of the customer
- Liaise with internal resources to attain best course of actions to fulfil customer requests
- Perform monthly analysis of the company’s strategic sourcing initiatives for direct and indirect materials and services to provide to management for evaluation
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess good leadership skills and strong hands-on knowledge in procurement activities to ensure that all procurement activities are in line with the company’s goals.
- Degree in manufacturing, purchasing, supply chain or any related field
- Five or more years of work experience in a procurement function in the manufacturing industry
- A proven background in managing procurement roles within the manufacturing industry
- Able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently whilst still being a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This international manufacturing company has a strong standing in the FMCG industry and is currently undergoing massive expansion of its manufacturing plant.
If you are a dynamic and self-driven person who is looking to be part of a growing team to bring the company to new heights, then this is Procurement Manager (Direct & Indirect) opportunity is right for you.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com / call me at 03-2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C