Supply Chain Management Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1832420/001
Date posted 04 September 2022penang procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-09-04 2022-11-03 manufacturing-and-production Penang Kedah MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Supply Chain Management Specialist job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing and production company to be based in Kulim, Kedah, Malaysia. This role will be the key person to source and purchase direct materials based on project basis.
About the Supply Chain Management Specialist Role:
As part of the geographical expansion and to support the growth in the Asian market, this role will be reporting directly to the Managing Director. This role will run the project procurement focusing on PCB and PCBA materials in order to support the new plant operations.
- Lead efforts in exploring, initiating, developing, and validating opportunities in quality improvements, cost savings, and other sourcing related opportunities
- Act as the technical interface between suppliers and manufacturing to determine new and alternate sources
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding contracts, pricing, shipping terms, payment terms, and more while maintaining positive relationships
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing
- Continuously involve and improve supplier selection processes to develop a supply base the provides competitive advantage in quality, value, cost, delivery, and more
- Review supplier processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Work with the engineering departments to ensure technical documents meet requirements and all expectations are communicated effectively
- Use project management skills and tools to investigate alternate component technologies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability and implement changes in collaboration with other departments
- Conduct supplier audits in compliance with various objectives
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
To succeed in this Supply Chain Management Specialist role, you will need to have the experience in project purchasing and sourcing in direct materials focusing in PCB and PCBA.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum of fiv years of work experience in a related industry
- Must be familiar with ISO standard and is competent to perform supplier/process audits; ISO13485 is a plus
- Must be knowledgeable of various quality tools and systems and is capable of proposing guidance to suppliers to resolve quality problems
- Must possess a good understand of master gear testing, hardness testing, optical comparator, vision system, and a CMM
- Knowledge of electronics components is a must
- Ability to understand technical drawings and be capable of interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings within industry standard
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in manufacturing process control and quality systems required
This multinational manufacturing firm is well recognised in the industry and is a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. There are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company and offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Supply Chain Management Specialist role is right for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please send your resume to this email email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 04 September 2022A Logistics and Warehouse Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain, this is a role for a Logistics and Warehouse Manager who will drive the operations and manage logistics and warehousing.