Procurement Manager (Regional Category Manager)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 1823080/001
Date posted 24 August 2022kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-08-24 2022-10-23 fmcg Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international FMCG company is looking for a Procurement Manager (Regional Category Manager) to lead the country procurement operations and lead the regional category management initiatives within South East Asia.
About the Procurement Manager (Regional Category Manager) Role:
In this position, you will be responsible to manage the procurement activities of various categories such as Services, IT, Marketing and Professional Services. This includes strategic sourcing, cost optimisation, supplier development, compliance to contract and procurement process improvement.
- Play the function of category leader, monitor contract with suppliers and monitor supplier performance (KPI’s and service level) for contract compliance
- Develop and implement a procurement action plan for category for a sustainable competitive advantage from the perspective of cost, safety, security of supply and innovation
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the procurement process, oversee suppliers’ delivery of materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon
- Ensure that all invoices are audited for compliance with contract terms and supervise contract closeout
- Develop a capable and engaged Procurement team to interface with internal stakeholders, business and supplier partners with capabilities to identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimise sourcing, supplier activities, and efficiencies
- Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protection of company assets and compliance with corporate and regulatory policies
To succeed in this Procurement Manager (Regional Category Manager) role, you will need to have a solid experience in indirect category procurement covering sourcing, procurement, vendor development, vendor assessment, compliance and improvement projects.
- Tertiary qualification in supply chain management or related field of study
- 7 to 13 years of category procurement experience; 3 years of which in the strategic sourcing capacity
- Good knowledge of Supplier Relationship Management SRM) process
- Possesses strong financial analysis abilities, system utilisation and analysis techniques for purchasing and reporting activities
- Analytical approach, results-oriented and able to work in a collaborative cross functional manner
- Possess strong leadership, influencing skills, analytical mindset, effective negotiations and communication skills, interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This leading company has a long history of being market leader of their innovative range of products with emphasis on creating new and better products for their target consumers.
If you are seeking a strategic position in procurement, this is the role for you. The company has long term investment plans to diversify product portfolio and this is a rare opportunity to be a part of their term during this exciting period of growth.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 August 2022An exciting Indirect Procurement Manager job has opened up at an established company with a strong global market for their products.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 September 2022A Regional Procurement Manager job has become available at a retail company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022A leading global organisation is looking for a Sourcing Manager/Senior Manager for their Procurement Centre of Excellent operations to lead the sourcing and category management initiatives.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 September 2022A Logistics Operations Manager job has become available at an international retail company.