Indirect Procurement Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Naufal Shukri
Job Ref 1824020/001
Date posted 05 July 2022kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-07-14 2022-09-03 purchasing-and-procurement Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Indirect Procurement Manager job has opened up at a giant retailer.
About the Indirect Procurement Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the procurement activities of the indirect categories which includes marketing, distribution, services, and projects. The scope of this role includes cost savings, supplier development, compliance to contract and procurement process improvement. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Procurement.
- Play the function of category leader, monitor contract with suppliers and monitor supplier performance (KPIs and service level) for contract compliance
- Develop and implement a purchasing action plan for category for a sustainable competitive advantage from the perspective of cost, safety, security of supply and innovation
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the procurement process, oversee suppliers’ delivery of materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon
- Develop a capable and engaged procurement team to interface with internal stakeholders, business and supplier partners with capabilities to identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimise sourcing, supplier activities, and efficiency
- Manage governance and control programmes to ensure business continuity, protection of company assets and compliance with corporate and regulatory policies
- Negotiate with suppliers for indirect purchases while ensuring that they meet the company’s standards
- Manage tenders and supplier contracts, documenting them into the system and carrying out the renewal process
To succeed in this Indirect Procurement Manager role, you will need to have a solid experience in procurement covering sourcing, purchasing, vendor development, vendor assessment, compliance and improvement projects. Furthermore, you will need to have hands-on experience in warehousing and distribution.
- Tertiary qualifications in Supply Chain Management or related field of study
- Five to eight years of indirect material procurement experience; with a track record of leading tenders, negotiations, and contracts
- Hands-on experience in end-to-end strategic procurement/category management
- Ability to manage and execute procurement strategies to support supply chain team as a business partner
- Analytical approach, results-oriented and able to work in a collaborative cross-functional manner
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This retail giant maintains a strong presence in Malaysia and boasts multiple branches across the entire country. Despite the recent pandemic, this organisation continues to grow from strength to strength and is adding to new talent into its ranks.
If you are forward-thinking and would like to be part of an established organisation, this Indirect Procurement Manager role is a great opportunity for you.
Apply now or email me at Naufal.Shukri@robertwalters.com.my/call me at 03-2303 7064 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 August 2022A Procurement Manager (F&B) job has become available at an F&B company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 August 2022An exciting Business Development Manager (Property) job has become available at an expanding company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 August 2022A Retail Logistics Manager job has become available at a global logistics company.