Head of Purchasing
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 1820830/001
Date posted 28 June 2022petaling-jaya procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-07-14 2022-08-27 purchasing-and-procurement Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading G7 construction company is looking for a Head of Purchasing to provide strategic direction for the purchasing department for their infrastructure projects.
About the Head of Purchasing Role:
In this position, you will lead the purchasing aspects which includes exploring strategic value creation opportunities and provide recommendations to the management team.
- Oversee purchasing activities in accordance to desired level of quality, cost and timeline
- Explore continuous improvement initiatives to ensure value creation by pursuing strategic purchasing activities
- Provide consultation to various stakeholders on matters related to purchasing
- Oversee purchasing systems, governance, vendor development and supplier management deliverables by implementing key initiatives
- Pursue the implementation of special development projects
- Collaborate innovation initiatives inline value creation projects
- Foster strategic relationships with vendors including vendor management program and bulk purchases or strategic sourcing for effective cost control on projects
- Drive implementation of policies and guidelines for purchasing and contract management
To succeed in the Head of Purchasing role, you will need to have a strong understanding of the infrastructure construction sector and a progressive track record of successfully leading a purchasing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management or relevant business field of study
- 10 to 18 years of purchasing experience in construction industry (Eg. purchasing of construction materials such as cement, sand, aggregates, rebar)
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit, resilient in facing challenges and highly motivated
- Influential and able to steer various groups towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to engage well with senior stakeholders
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This company is one of the top firms in their market segment and their strengths are in infrastructure projects.
If you are a seasoned Purchasing Manager from the construction sector, this position will be your next step towards your career enhancement.
If you have a successful track record of strategising and implementing solutions with a positive can-do approach, you can take your career forward with this Head of Purchasing role.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C