Project Procurement Manager
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1763280/001
Date posted 04 June 2022kuala-lumpur procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-06-04 2022-08-03 chemicals Johor MY MYR 180000 216000 216000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A natural resource processing startup is currently seeking a Project Procurement Manager. In this job, you will manage its direct and indirect procurement for its greenfield plant setup, operational material requisition and plant expansion.
About the Project Procurement Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for procurement activities for all matters related to procurement processes for the company’s direct and indirect procurement needs in a greenfield setting.
- Develop and prepare procurement manuals according to company guidelines
- Liaise with in-house/external legal council to prepare all procurement related document/agreements
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies, conduct contract negotiations, and procurement processes in line with the company's needs
- Achieve and maintain cost competitiveness
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of company goals and timely deliveries
- Conduct supplier sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, and performance management
- Further develop approved vendor list to diversify supplier alternatives
- Perform cost and scenario analysis as well as benchmarking
- Lead cost saving initiatives
- Manage all logistical matters such as import/export, custom clearance, and shipping documentations
- Liaise and coordinate with internal stakeholder team to understand and deliver procurement needs
- Develop and implement contingency strategies to mitigate unforeseen situations
- Implement dual sourcing initiatives to create a matured vendor list
To succeed in this Project Procurement Manager role, you will need to possess good leadership skills and strong hands-on knowledge in sourcing, contract negotiation, purchasing, vendor development, vendor assessment and managing vendor compliance in the natural resource industry. The ability to swiftly pivot in a volatile environment is also highly valued for this role.
- Degree in supply chain management, business administration or any related field
- More than 10 years of work experience in a procurement function within the natural resource industry
- A minimum of five years of work experience in EPCC
- Proven track record of cost savings and contract negotiations
- Proven track record in project coordination and holistic support functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently whilst still being a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This new startup company is looking to make a strong presence in the industry.
If you are a dynamic and highly competitive candidate who is seeking an opportunity to create a prominent reputation within the industry, this Project Procurement Manager job is the opportunity for you.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com/call me at 03-2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2022An established FMCG company is looking for a Supply Chain Manager (Data Analytics) to lead the development of Supply Chain performance metrics which provides real-time Supply Chain data to the business for alignment of Supply Chain strategies.