Salary RM400k pa and above
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 17 October 2016
A global and well recognized FMCG with strong domestics (Malaysia) and export markets is currently recruiting a Operation Director to be based in Selangor, Malaysia to lead the entire operation no less than manufacturing, production, engineering, quality, health & safety, purchasing, demand & supply planning, warehouse & distribution, shipping, and customer service. With the recent restructuring, the role will need to lead major integration as well as change management with the goal to maximise its capacity and efficiency in this dynamic market.
About the Operation Director Role:
As an Operation Director, you are responsible to drive, lead and coach the entire leadership and operational team to ensure all members of operation are align in the overall vision of the business to have a high performing team. With the currently integration and change, this role need to ensure smooth total integrated valued chain are met with internal and external customer satisfaction via process improvement, ideas & innovation, KPI establishment with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to strategic planning at the Operational level.
- Coach mid management team to develop subordinate goals focused on a proactive, robust and homogeneous management approach to the business overall vision
- Responsible for implementing the operation excellence framework and for leading the team towards global best practice
- Responsible for managing manufacturing, production, quality, SNOP, third party logistics, inventory, freight, warehouse, and overall service level in the most optimum level and efficient manner (cost of goods sold)
- Constantly looking for improvements including process efficiencies, cost savings, optimization, yield improvements for overall plants & Co-packer
- Responsible for capital planning and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Process Engineering, Food Technology or Supply Chain Management
- At least 15 years experience in manufacturing capacity in FMCG industry with a minimum 5 years experience in a senior management capacity
- Ability to think and operate at the strategic level
- Knowledge of types of systems, staffing processes and operations used by the Food industry to optimise manufacturing performance
This leading FMCG has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on ensuring optimum business growth as well as career development for its employee. Certainly a great time to join them in such an exciting development phase.
If you have a successful track record managing overall operation of several manufacturing sites as well as multiple contract manufacturer, it will be helpful to excel in this role. Great career progression will be available for the right person with the adaptability to carry this exciting Operation Director job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125